“Simply a great breakfast”
Review of The Cottage Cafe

The Cottage Cafe
Ranked #259 of 712 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 May 2013

No frills, just plain simple food served nicely and at a very good price... for a traditional brekky it doesn't get better than this, Cheers Terry

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Its been a long time since I last came to Cottage Cafe (8 years?) but I thought of this place for a good cooked breakfast following a hard night out. We came on a weekday about 10am and it was still fairly busy with people reading the papers and workmen having a break.

2 large breakfasts were cooked to perfection, served hot and hit the spot. You can have set breakfasts or pick your own from a long list of items including veggie sausages. The only gripe would be the small glass mugs that tea/coffee is served in. At a £1 for coffee its expensive and the glass means it goes cold quick. Get some proper good sized mugs in and £1/cup wont be bad. And please buy some decent ketchup, not the cheap vinegary stuff.

Service is good and efficient, free papers to read and a nice relaxed atmosphere. Decor is a bit dated but it fits the caf-style and is a good place to eat and recover from a hangover!

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Having discovered this little place a couple of months ago we've been back three times. Terry is friendly & welcoming and the home-cooked food is tasty and very reasonably-priced. I recommend the hand-carved 'real' ham (with egg & chips) and hubby likes the all-day breakfasts & brunches. We'll be back!

Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

I had the intention of going to Marmion Road for breakfast but stopped to look at the menu for this cafe. It was definitely worth it.

I'm a bit picky when it comes to my breakfast so to be able to pick my own was good, and the selection offered was great.

I will definitely go again!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

My partner and I have visited the cottage cafe every week for the past year or so. Terry is always very welcoming and the place is clean with a good, traditional non pretentious atmosphere. You are able to make your own breakfast of any conceivable combination. I opt for the 6 item breakfast which has been the cure for many rotten hangovers. The food is consistently good and the service is quick and friendly.

I look forward to many more breakfasts at the cottage cafe.