“Not a pleasant experience”
Review of Fin's Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fin's Bar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A great bar that does good honest food to enjoy over a pint, a very reasonable prices.
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Not a pleasant experience”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

First impression....untidy, dull, dirty, depressing.
Food.....really not good, I had a discount voucher with groupon & even at the discounted price it was bad. If it had not been prepaid I would have refused to pay for it.
Service....OK
I decided to keep an open mind after reading mixed reviews. I am now surprised/suspicious at the sudden batch of good reviews??
Sorry but my experience was shockingly poor.

1 Thank anna n

pompey
“Food, Beer & Service - Absolutely Sublime!”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I fortunately picked up a "Groupon Special" - Bacon/ Cheese Burger with Onion Rings, Coleslaw & Chips, with a bottle of beer, for two = £11.
My good lady is not a great fan of the "beef" in her burger and she kindly asked for "chicken" instead. The gentlemen who served us said, "No Problem!"
The staff were absolutely superb in their hospitality and service. My beef and my good ladies chicken burger were sublime.
Special or no special I will definitely come again, especially for the ambience!
Finally, I felt so embarrassed about the cheap deal and the great night out; I made sure I left a good gratuity!

2 Thank billy-the-cheater
London, United Kingdom
“enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Had a groupon deal my experience was positive, yes I definitely agree the environment was a bit untidy disorganized looking, but the quality of the food were satisfactory, I don't know if I would return back for lunch because of the interior decor my overall experience was positive it's just the decor the clutter was a bit of putting .

1 Thank leonor31
Portsmouth
“Very Friendly”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I came to Fins for afternoon tea which was lovelythere was a great selection of cakes and sandwiches all washed down with some fizzy! Based on the great experience we had with our afternoon tea I held a baby shower here for my sister and had afternoon tea for 20. The staff were really helpful and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. Everybody enjoyed themselves and made comment on how good the food and service were. Afternoon tea here is a must.

1 Thank Rosie31Portsmouth
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Bar with Friendly Warm Atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have been to FIn's bar for many different occasions my latest being for my birthday Party, the food was fantastic and fin's bar made it a special night for me :-)

I have used the groupon vouchers there and the food is great, generally very good value for money anyway and good portion sizes.

The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, and the staff are helpful, polite and friendly, the owners are lovely and we have always been welcomed and accomadated.

Oohhh and The cocktails are to die for!

Overall I will definetly continue to keep going back to fin's bar, its a lovely place just off the seafront to stop by for a meal or even just a drink :-)

3 Thank JacsRiley