“Afternoon tea - not really up to par.”
Review of Fin's Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fin's Bar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A great bar that does good honest food to enjoy over a pint, a very reasonable prices.
“Afternoon tea - not really up to par.”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Despite having a booking and them not being full they were unprepared for us. My friend and I have spent the summer enjoying afternoon tea in various places around Portsmouth an this was to be our last (for my birthday). Now thinking we should have stuck with Highclere castle being our grand finale. However it wasn't ALL bad. The sandwich presentation may have being lacking but they tasted nice, and the Lemon and ordinary Victoria sponge were exceptionally good. The proseco was nice as was the tea, however we only got one cup and when we asked for more hot water that was ALL we got! (No fresh tea bag) if we had paid full price I might have complained however for a groupon it was ok. I actually liked the quirkiness of the decor and if they sorted out their service and perhaps read up on what an afternoon tea actually is they might increase their number of customers.

• Visited October 2013

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“What a horrible place!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I agree with the other reviews. I only regret that I haven't read them all before I booked the Groupon. I took mum and my two children for an afternoon tea. It looked very bright and lovely on the picture. What a shock when we Walked in. The place is dirty, dark and looks like before demolition. The food was very limited, no cucumber or pickle, the butter was darkish colour and the smell was very unpleasant, the cups were dirty and so was the table. We didn't even touched the salad, I really would't want to see the kitchen. just as well that the near by sea side made our afternoon much better.

• Visited September 2013
“An absolute disgrace”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I felt compelled to write this review when I saw they were advertising on Groupon again. This place is a filthy, dirty disgrace. The food was dreadful & the service awful. It's dreary, dull & depressing, the cutlery & crockery look unwashed. How they are managing to stay open is beyond me.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again!”
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

I went here with my nan for her birthday for the afternoon tea, I got it off group on.. Was very worried about coming here as I have read some bad reviews but thought I would give it a try but never again! The tea pot were vile didn't looked like it had been cleaned for days.. The cheese with had in are toastie was out of day with I thought was very bad.. Cups were dirty.. How has cake and toasties on the same plate? The place is very dirty and needs a good clean.. And this is not me being fussy I'm a 18 year old girl.. This may help everyone..

1 Thank Nia-Valerie
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“not so bad”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

we went had a groupon voucher , we were the only ones in restaurant ,which we thought it was gr8 that our meal wasnt cancelled as quiet , our food was good and had a couple of beers at usual price , the girl who served us was very friendly and kind , the only little negative was would of been good if wine was a bit cheaper as there was no house wine .

• Visited February 2013