“Great night of food and laughter”
Review of Candela Steak House & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Candela Steak House & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great night of food and laughter”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have to admit when it was suggested to me that we would be going to the Candela for a friend's birthday, I was unsure at first, but I turned out to be pleasantly surprised. The food just happened to be some of the tastiest that I have ever eaten and the impeciable manners of the staff just hightened the experience. Great choice, and looking forward to a return visit.

• Visited January 2014

“Recommended”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I have been to a Turkish restaurant. We chose it based on TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The food was lovely, the staff were lovely and the restaurant is lovely. We had starters and mains and were stuffed, so much so that I could not finish my main. With drinks the bill averaged at £20 each which was very good value. I will definitely go there again, and again!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing bread and meat cooked to perfection!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Bit strange this place is so quiet on weekdays, as it is so good. If it was in a busier location, I think they would struggle to cope with the customers. Can't fault Bodrum.. Mixed grill is brilliant for a meat eater. All meats cooked to perfection. The adana kebab is lovely. Even the free bread they give is nice with just butter! All main meals are of a decent size too and priced at around a tenner,

• Visited October 2013
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Great food! Great value.”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We love the Bodrum. It is great value for money as it is delicious and the portions are generous. We have tried the Agora and the Istanbul and still find the Bodrum to be the best. The Meze are generous and very tasty and the mixed grill is a personal favourite. It can be a little empty so weekends seem to be the best day to go if you want a little more atmosphere. We will continue to go to the Bodrum!

• Visited September 2013
Great Yarmouth
“Food not bad but a bit empty”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We visited this on a Thursday night. Perhaps not the best night as it was empty the whole time we were there. No complaints about the food but wasn't amazing either. Inside was well decorated however it needed a bit of a buzz to get it going.
Waiter tried but there appeared to be language problems and he didn't get my attempts at light hearted banter.
Perhaps I caught them on a bad night. I would like to think so.

• Visited August 2013