“A Fantastic Stay at the G Boutique Hotel - Portsmouth”
Review of G! Boutique Hotel

G! Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 34 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2013

What can I say, the hotel is a must. I loved it. Very sleek, stylish and contemporary. I honestly can't find one fault. My friend booked the G Boutique for my birthday surprise after seeing the highly popular 4 in a bed TV series, in which they won and I can see why. Thanks to Elly who we briefly met and all her lovely very hard working staff, who were friendly and extremely helpful. My friend and I were upgraded and stayed in the Giddy room which had a huge double "Jacuzzi". When I returned to my room there was a birthday card, a small bottle of red and white wine and chocolate for me from the staff. It's definitely touches like that which are so thoughtful. Breakfast was Delicious cooked to perfection. Once again its a MUST GO AND EXPERIENCE HOTEL. Thank you all for making my Birthday weekend so enjoyable.

Room Tip: The Giddy room if you like a Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Posh423
Elimanager, Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you so much for your amazing review, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and are so happy we made your birthday weekend so special.

Thank you once again and we can't wait to welcome you back to G Boutique!

There are newer reviews for G! Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

From the on site parking to the lovely welcome in a beautiful foyer, onto an amazing themed room. We had a lovely surprise in the room for our anniversary. The breakfast was yummy, the wifi was strong, the staff were super. The little touches really do make a difference. Will stay here whenever we're in the area. I love it and can't wait to try all the different rooms :-)
I too loved the Easter goody bags.

Only nitpick is that if you have other guests out late the bedroom doors are fire doors and are quite noisy when closing- if you are a light sleeper, take some earplugs just in case. Wasn't a problem as we were up early to eat.

Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank HazelDS
Elimanager, Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! It is great to hear that you would return and you would certainly be welcome.

It is great to hear you have noticed and enjoyed the little touches at G! Boutique.

I also thank you for drawing our attention to the noisy doors. We had these doors fixed a little while ago because of this problem and I believe some of them need redoing - thank you for bringing it to our attention so we can fix the problem.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

A chance Google search and subsequent booking led to an experience worth recounting.

There is a wonderful feeling as you enter the lobby; from a grey, greasy Southsea March afternoon I was, in a peculiar Mister Benn style transportation, shifted to an ideal where the norm was comfort, calmness and the needs of, well, us, were expertly catered for.

It really does feel like a walk into Narnia, the decor and friendliness of the staff pushed my doubts and natural pessimism back into the dark regions where they belong.

Our room was bright, clean and contained a newly installed hot-tub, a real bonus. The staff, Jemma in particular, were fantastic, friendly and above all genuine.

Room service is available and freely advertised, the bar is very 'Clockwork Orange' and again bright and friendly.

I enjoyed the whole visit, especially the coffee and cake in the lounge as we arrived, the breakfast and, I nearly forgot, the Easter 'goody bag' was better than any breakfast I have ever had at a Travel Lodge.

Thoroughly recommended and I will return, thanks to all at G!

Room Tip: Any room is good, but the luxury rooms are special.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Elimanager, Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you so much for your amazing review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that the small touches such as the tea, cake and Easter goody bag made it all the more special.

All the staff at G ! Boutique work hard to make sure our guests have a memorable stay, so it is so rewarding to see their hard work recognised in your review.

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments, we really do appreciate it. We hope to see you back at G Boutique Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Wow! This is a quality, small but perfectly formed boutique hotel with outstanding service. I stayed at G Boutique last night just for one night and I was genuinely blown away with the overall quality of service and value for money.
When I arrived, I was welcomed by Elly on reception who it turns out is the General Manager. Elly was very attentive, without being over bearing and is clearly a highly experienced hotelier despite her young age. The room was very comfortable ( I was actually upgraded which was a real bonus) and the attention to detail and designer finish was superb. There were also a number of tiny noticeable things such as being offered an ice bucket to keep my water cold in the room and a " goody bag" on departure which contained a bottle of water and a cereal bar for my onward journey. What a simple but amazing touch. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and freshly cooked and the service was once again spot on.

The hotel was recently featured on the highly popular 4 in a bed TV series albeit I didn't know that before I arrived. I can see now however why this young couple won as they are both really lovely people, who are quite humble but clearly working very hard behind the scenes to ensure that the guest experience is truly enjoyable and memorable.

This is a real gem and a great find and I can’t wait to return. I already recommended the hotel today to one of my work colleagues.

Single traveller staying on business.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Graeme M
Elimanager, General Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Graeme,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review. We are over the moon with your lovely comments! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and noticed all the little touches we put in place to try and make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I am also really pleased to hear you felt well looked after.

It's also wonderful to hear you have recommended us to a colleague - thank you very much.

It was a real pleasure meeting you and we really do hope you return in the future - you would certainly be welcome.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

we only went for one night but what a great time, every one was attentive and welcoming, the only down side is they haven,t opened more!!!! but on the upside every room is different so every trip will be a different experience. mustn,t forget the chef he even offered to cook us a private meal catering for your every need absolutely great looking forward to our next trip. sue and dez roberts

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we are pleased to hear that the staff were welcoming.

Thank you once again for your fantastic review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at the G! Boutique on 23 march 13, even though the outside conditions were unseasonably chilly on the inside the hospitality proved warm and welcoming.
We stayed in the Gleeful room which was lovely, clean and modern.
The service at this small hotel is outstanding from start to finish in all aspects and you get the genuine feeling that you are wanted as guests.
Finished off with a very well presented and tasty breakfast on the following morning set us up for the journey home.
We would certainly be planning on visiting again in the near future.
Congratulations to you all for such a lovely, well run hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you will be planning to return in the future, we certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you once again for your lovely comments.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay when down in Portsmouth shopping ,or just a romantic night away !
The service from start to end is seamless and the rooms are interesting,fun and spotless!
Thank you to Gemma for making us feel so welcome!
They have so many nice touches , like a leaving bag of bottles of water and fruit and fiber bars for our trip home !
Breakfast was perfect !
It was a pleasure to meet the owners the night we arrived, and just as nice as they were on the TV show "Four in a bed" CH4.
Just up the road is a full assortment of foods from pub to Tapas or Indian ,we ate at the Indian Cottage .....very good !

Room Tip: all room are good!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Elimanager, Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Jemma made you feel welcome.

It is also lovely to see that you noticed all the little touches we put in place to make your stay enjoyable.

We hope to see you again in the future and would welcome your return. Thanks again for the lovely comments - the team are thrilled!