“Mini packed lunch for the journey - a nice touch”
Review of G! Boutique Hotel

G! Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 34 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great room in a great hotel. On check in we received a super recommendation for our evening meal - in fact the staff were really helpful in every respect. We were even offered an early breakfast as we had a ferry to catch. Great. Only issue was that the chef arrived late the following morning! After a hurried (and somewhat disorganised) meal the reception staff kindly provided a packed lunch as a way of repairing the "damage". Without us saying anything it was clear that they knew our breakfast experience fell short of their normally high standards. No worries as we'll be back next year en route to Portsmouth for the early ferry. Sure it'll be a five star stay next time.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Marc C
Elimanager, Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so pleased you liked the hotel and your room.

In regards to the Chef being late, we are extremely sorry about this. It was myself on duty and I was not aware that the Chef had come in late when I served you breakfast. The Going away bag you were given, is given to all guests as a thank you for coming. It is supposed to add to your experience and definitely not meant to make up for the short fall of breakfast. Had I known the situation at the time I would have addressed it with you immediately.

We hold our hands up and unfortunately due to a very extreme circumstance, the chef was late and I can honestly say this is very out of character and has never happened before. This of course does not make it ok or acceptable in anyway and I am so sorry you were affected by it. I also want to apologise for how the situation was handled. The chef explained after the situation what had happened but by this time it was too late, we are both very embarrassed about this and I feel awful, that you were made to feel it was brushed under the carpet. Had I known, I would have come to speak to you immediately and the chef has been spoken to in regards to this.

It's great to hear you would return and if you do wish to return then please do contact me directly on 02392 822226 and we will make sure you are looked after.

Thanks again for your review.

Eli Gray

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel was absolutely brilliant. The decor is amazing and the staff can't do enough for you.
The food was very good and the waitress/chef were only to pleased to deviate from the standard breakfast menu to accomodate my wife's requirements.
Of course, the quality of the accomodation is very important and the decor and lay-out made you smile as soon as you walked in, but it was the staff that was the icing on the cake. Special thanks to Gemma who greeted us and was extremely friendly and informative throughout our stay. We were so pleased, we will adjust the dates of any future visit to Portsmouth to ensure that we can stay here again.

2  Thank Barry S
Elimanager, Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and it's great to hear that you will be back again in the future. It was a pleasure to meet you both, and we all look forward to seeing you back at G! Boutique again soon. Thank you

Reviewed 2 September 2013

we saw this hotel on four in a bed and really wanted to book this and have my experience in this hotel.
how ever when we got there the hotel was not only clean but you could eat your meals of the floor as it was that spotless,
the lounge is just perfect to sit and natter and drink whether tea ,coffee or alcohol. we loved the swing seats the décor is just perfect not too much .
the bedroom was really lovely, loved the mirror and frame above our bed and also the bed was so awesomely comfy the pillow are fluffy and soft, duvet is just right for you perfect night sleep that you wake up feeling so refreshed. the bedroom was not over powering and very bright and spotless .the bathroom ideal .
breakfast was very nice just right and quite a few choices .
all staff are very nice polite and friendly and managers are on hand at all times .this hotel is very ideal for birthday , anniversary, treat, even holiday or that romantic time away.I had the most perfect birthday stay here that I wish it was my birthday everyday
we are going to book again. and the book in the room is very informative that gives you plenty of info.
there is nothing that we could both fault on our stay , if I didn't know the price of the hotel I would of thought that due to how the décor is etc and how spotless that my husband had paid a lot more money .this is very great value for your money as you get more than you paid for in experience etc .
it was shame with my disability that I would nt manage the stairs to go to the bar / restaurant as on the tv it looked awesome.
it is very quiet hotel do not hear any noises from out side.
we would both like to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone as we totally loved it and we will be back soon to re book .
when we left the hotel and the sun was shining it really felt that you were abroad and going for a stroll around and not in Portsmouth. not that Portsmouth is bad but it does give you that wonderful feeling that you have been further a field. like for us just up the road as we live in Portsmouth and I would recommend this hotel to everyone not just people out side Portsmouth , people in Portsmouth should try the experience in this hotel . if your going to book the Hilton forget it as this place is a million times better in more ways than one
may you continue to flourish and open more .
thanks once again from steve and Shirley our room call graceful was more than gracefull it was awesome and so was the two little cakes ,
ps you should make more and let people buy them to take home with them .

Room Tip: all room are excellent here at the g boutique hotel Portsmouth
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank steve n shirley w

Thank you so much for you wonderful comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and even happier to hear we made your birthday stay all the more special. We love celebrating special occasions here at G! Boutique so it was a great pleasure to have you stay with us for yours.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to G! Boutique again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I am writing this review on behalf of my in-laws who stayed at the hotel for 12 nights in August , this was the first time they had left south America for a holiday (to see their grandchild) and do not speak a word of English, so I searched for the perfect hotel where I felt they would be well looked after, all I can say is that I found it right here, from the moment I booked to the day they left, the service and hospitality of the hotel staff was first class, they allocated them the ground floor room I requested and were very attentive to their every need during their stay, they could not have done any more to make their stay any more enjoyable. This hotel is in a perfect position for bus routes that will take you to most places you would want to visit in Portsmouth and surrounding areas, it is also within short walking distance of all the seafront sights and attractions, the hotel is well maintained and spotless. they said they will stay at this hotel again when they next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on behalf of your in-laws.We are so pleased they enjoyed their stay and all the staff absolutely loved having them here, and we all look forward to their visit. Thank you

Reviewed 30 August 2013

If you've read some of my reviews you will know I can be a bit nitpicky however I cannot fault this place.
Staff are really helpful. Management can't do more to make your stay great.
Food at breakfast good. Staff quite happy to be flexible on the breakfast even if not on the menu.
I had a couple of minor issues in the three days I stayed and these were resolved immediately.
We had the basic room and this was still very good.
The hotel is ideally located for visiting Portsmouth. It has a bus stop right outside the door where a bus goes regularly straight to Gunwharf quay (where all the museums and boats are). There is also another bus stop up the road where the bus goes a more direct route.
A multitude of restaurants and takeaways close by.
Really close to seafront and lovely walks.
Although on main bus route the hotel is in a quiet area. The worst noise was the distant sound of the IOW hovercraft.
I felt so relaxed at this hotel I would definitely go back even though I have seen everything in the area.

Room Tip: I found the 'Graceful' room very quiet. Bed was big enough for both of us (I am 6ft and hubb...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are all over the moon that you enjoyed your stay with us. May we take this opportunity to apologise again for the mishaps that occurred during your stay, we are very pleased you felt these were dealt with efficiently.

Many thanks once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to G! Boutique Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We took recommendation from trip advisor reviews for this little gem of a hotel and I'm so glad we did. Stayed for our 20th Wedding Anniversary.Jemma on the front desk was lovely, friendly and very helpful. 'Giddy with delight' room now has a double Jacuzzi which isn't shown in the photos. Large spacious clean room, not usually my style but I REALLY loved it. Star lights on the ceiling are so pretty, rocking double sofa, tv....a room to spend hours in, and a great nights sleep in a very comfy big pink bed. Would highly recommend this room, (late booking price £115/night in August)
The only slightly negative point I could think of was the cocktails weren't very nice, Peach bilini and Strawberry daquari needs fresh fruit not syrup. No restaurant at the hotel, but that wasn't a problem. We had a very special meal in the evening (a 7 course tasting menu) at a fab restaurant 10 mins walk away called '27', look it up for a as special occasion.
Breakfast at the hotel was good, and the little goodie bag on departure a nice touch. If you need a place to stay in Portsmouth come here, it has a well deserved great reputation.

1  Thank TheDodds
Elimanager, Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

It's great to hear you loved your room, we aim to be different, stylish and comfortable, and it is so rewarding to read your review to know we have achieved just that.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you back at G! Boutique in the future!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Had an amazing time at the hotel! We stayed there for our 5 year anniversary as we wanted to visit the new Mary rose museum. We stayed in the top rated bedroom with jacuzzi bath, round bed and star light ceiling. After asking ELi, the manager to discreetly let me make payment, Jemma brought us a complimentary drink and a packet of homemade fudge to celebrate our occasion. On arrival we also received two cupcakes and we were also given some bar snacks on the house. The second day we had breakfast in bed which was special. The staff are all lovely, friendly and very welcoming. There is nothing bad to say about the place and I would definitely go there again. They gave us discount on visiting the spinnaker tower, and were very helpful with tourism and any queries we had.
I cannot thank G! boutique enough for the experience they gave us. After several bad experiences in the past 5 years, my partner and I can say that this is definitely the best!
I wish them the very best for the future and hope their second year in business is just as good or better than the year just gone!

Room Tip: The photographs on the website do the hotel justice so at least you know what you are getting when y...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we made your anniversary all the more special.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review, we really do appreciate it. It was a great pleasure to meet you both and we look forward to welcoming you back to G! Boutique Hotel in the future.