“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 33 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were lucky enough to win a nights stay here, in one of their standard double rooms with breakfast.

I honestly cannot fault this B&B... on arrival, the staff were extremely polite, professional and welcoming, we were showed to our room, which was clean, tidy and had everything, including a welcoming chocolate muffin, that you could possibly need for your stay. The room was well decorated, bright, airy and above all for me, spotless!

The bed was so comfy i didn't want to get up, only dragged myself out on the promise of breakfast which was amazing, fresh coffee and tea as soon as you get to the breakfast room, buffet style continental breakfast if you want it but also a menu of freshly cooked breakfasts, ranging from a huge full english to egg on toast, which i had and it was perfect.

The B&B is located within stumbling distance of Albert Road, where there are a number of good pubs and restaurants to choose from, catering for pretty much all your culinary tastes, the other way there is Southsea seafront, which is very pretty for an evening stroll and at weekends usually has some great things going on for all the family.

Would and have already recommend this place to my friends and also some of my work colleagues that visit the south coast.

4 Thank Nicky H
Elimanager, Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. It appears this was your first stay with us and we're thrilled you've had a good time at the hotel. You're not the only one who has been caught by the lure of our delicious breakfasts, they certainly help the day get off to a good start!
We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our stay here was lovely, the staff were friendly and happy, they all seemed to really enjoy their jobs The room was lovely, it exceeded all of our expectations as did the awesome bathroom!. Everywhere was clean and beautifully decorated, the attention to detail was spot on.
It made our 'special occasion' a really special occasion. We can't wait to go back!
I will be recommending it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Look at the photos to pick a room to really suite your needs, we went to G Boutique own web site to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lyn I
Thank you for your review. It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope your celebrations went well. Don't wait too long to make a return visit, we look forward to seeing you again soon .
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good points; cleanliness, funky and fun, enough parking (5 on site but free and available across the road), great service, good hearty breakfast (fresh and served with a smile), free WiFi and a nice touch was cup cakes on arrival and a birthday card for my partner.
We stayed in G for grinning from ear to ear which is at the front of the house. Lovely super large bed which was very comfortable but the room was too noisy for us. If you want to have a window open and we did it was even worse. There is a bus stop outside the hotel ( great if you want to get around) but groups of youths chatting loudly Sunday night disturbed the peace as did buses running to 11 pm. Bin day is Monday and they come at about 7 am which if you are having a break is not the time one wants to get up. We did ask to move and we would have been able too if there had been a room available.I had requested a quiet room and was disappointed that i had not been listened too; if someone had called me to discuss this i could have had the option of choosing another room or another hotel
The shower was a mixer tap from the bath and was very temperamental..hot one minute and then cold and not powerful...an electric one would solve the problem.( ~Also is too low if one is over 6 feet tall).
Improvements needed; shower , the addition of a bath mat and offering a daily newspaper and being honest about the level of noise one can expect as i am sure some people would not mind.
We will stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Only choose G for grinning if you do not mind noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ShariWestSussex
Thank you for the lovely review and all of your feedback which I'm sure will prove to be very useful. We hope you will enjoy your next stay with us even more and we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel has left a lasting impression. From start to finish the entire experience was great! From the greeting to the goodbye the G! Boutique is a gem I will be revisiting. The service was excellent with the right amount of professionalism and friendliness to make you welcome and at home. Nothing seems too much. From the cupcakes on arrival to the going home goodie bags on departure the whole concept has been well thought out and delivered.
The decor is modern yet classic with a feel of tradition combined with minimalism. The room was airy with a relaxing feel. The comfort was incredible. The location of the G! Boutique is fantastic. A short walk from the sea front and a stroll to the local bars and restaurants. From start to finish the only issue I had is that I hadn't booked the hotel for longer.
I would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be returning. Well done to the whole team!
A great time was had in this gorgeous gem!

3 Thank Andrew P
Thank you for your fantastic review. One of our aims is of course to leave a positive lasting impression with our guests, so its great to see we've managed to achieve that with another 2 guests. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.

SWales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Another very enjoyable stay in one of my favourite hotels. Delighted to see that they are keeping up their very high standards. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable and stylish. The food is very good, too, particularly breakfast.

Room Tip: all the rooms are individually decorated.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank JudyWSWales
Thank you for your kind words and continued support of the hotel. Happy guests here make it all the much easier to maintain the standards our guests have come to expect every time they visit. As long as you keep coming, we'll keep serving up the tasty breakfasts. Look after yourself and we can't wait to have you back. See you again soon.
Playa Blanca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Choose the hotel just for the location but what a great find. All the staff where exceptionally helpful and friendly and came across as genuinely enjoying their work. The hotel with it's funky surroundings was an actual pleasure to stay in. Breakfast was not only ample in size and choice but delicious and cooked to perfection. Well done to all the team, I will definitely be staying again on my next visit to Southsea.
Sharky & Jenny from Lanzarote

2 Thank Sharky W
Thank you for a wonderful review. We love what we do here, and when that come across during our interactions with our guests, all the better. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Southsea.

Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is my 2nd stay at G! Boutique and I can honestly say I am converted from the big brands I stay in elsewhere.

I found this establishment by accident, the usual suspects were either booked or overpriced, this turned out to be a lucky event for me.

There is plenty of parking and the immediate impression when you walk in is that this is a bit different - from the purple china dog to the hanging seating things are just quirky enough without being a bit forced.

The staff are fantastic from front desk to chef - I have yet to be met with anything but a smile or an interested conversation.

The room comes with a mini cupcake when you walk in - I don't know why but it is a lovely touch that is appreciated. Each room has it's own character and both have been well thought and all the comfort items are there. Both beds I have tried have been good for a nights sleep and come with quality bedding and pillows.

There are a couple of things that need considering by the team: 1) Put an iron in the room, I hate having to ask at reception 2) the bathrooms are showing the first signs of cosmetic ageing (e.g. little bits of paint peeling) and this could do with a once over to make them 100%. I will point out that this is me being really picky - it does not make me consider my recommendation in any way whatsoever/

Breakfast is in a really nice light basement and the buffet selection is good but the cooked to order breakfast is outstanding. On my last stay I was running late and told the staff I only had time for toast. The chef overheard this and was having none of it! He produced a fresh foil wrapped sausage sandwich for the journey. This was a lovely gesture and one that made me feel like the staff really care about what they do.

In summary this is a strong recommendation for a good alternative to the usual big brands - well done G! boutique.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Navydiver77
Thank you for a great review. Maintenance issues at the hotel are something we are constantly on the look out for, so thank you for letting us know your thoughts, they are always helpful. We will continue to address these issues throughout the year.

Each room has a unique design and they almost take on personalities of their own. They are all quite unique and all have something different to offer....so they're all worth staying in!

We seem to have made a good impression on you here, it is a great working environment and that leads to a great atmosphere being created by staff and guests.
We can't wait to have you back for your third stay with us. See you soon.