“Incredible value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coach & Horses

Coach & Horses
Ranked #444 of 642 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We do online bookings where you can book via our Webpage, this can be found on the Flaming Grill website.
Falaise, France
“Incredible value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Staff delightful, friendly and professional. It's s chain pub that offers a wide selection of dishes including veggie choices. Standard British meals and good value prices. Efficient service.

“Quick lunch? Not really!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Ive eaten here several times, and unfortunately its very hit and miss. Service is always rather slow.

Today I went for lunch with my husband and son. Unfortunately they seemed to forget my meal, prepared it when reminded poorly so that I sent it back. By the time I got my lunch my husband and son had actually finished...not very relaxing for us. It wasnt a tricky order either!

The car park is also now payable, and everything thats "grilled" comes out on a skillet.... style over substance leading to an over cooked steak at the end of the meal, and a risk to boot when dining with children. Hard to order against this too.

All in all id advise going to the lovely italian up the road or if you want cheap and cheerful, the carvery or various cafes.

Its a shame.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant venue for great grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

After attending a works xmas do at The Coach and horses, I thought I would give it a try one lunchtime.
I was not disappointed.
The staff were fabulous, the meal was perfect and the prices were about right for the delicious beautifully cooked food that we had.

• Visited March 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Our visit to the coach and horses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Was disappointed to find when we arrived you had to pay for car park in the pub carpark. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food was nice. Nice atmosphere. Did notice when using the ladies toilet the water was extremely hot. I didnt notice the sign on the tiles warning me that the water was hot but did over hear a little girl complaining on a near by table that she had hurt her fingers when she washed her hands as the water was so hot. Maybe this should be looked at as not all children read the notices on walls. Didnt like the choice of pictures on the wall most contained animals that we were eating kinda put me off my food. May not visit again.

• Visited March 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Nice reasonably priced food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Coach & Horses does dish up cheap and cheerful food and is a typical pub and grill. The burgers are very nice and so are the racks of ribs with spicy sticky chicken wings. I once ordered a roast dinner on one of my visits and the meat was supposed to be lamb. However the meat was actually pork and although it was nice it just wasn't the lamb I really wanted! On another occasion I came with my brother and boyfriend and 2 different waiters told us they would like us to rate the restaurant and how they did on the service they had provided on a piece of card. I was quite miffed at how they were pestering us for a good rating over and over again so I didn't bother leaving them a rating in the end. The foodie side of things however is nice and as you would expect and at a reasonable price.

• Visited September 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Coach & Horses, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear mini_ninja2315

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Coach & Horses in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards