“Great value, friendly and clean.”
Review of Festival - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Festival
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I used a Groupon deal I had previously purchased for Festival cafe, near the Albert Rd end. Before, I had walked past and noticed it seemed to be a nice-looking place so when the deal came up, I thought it would be a good way to check out the cafe.

The deal was breakfast for two people and worked out at less than £3 each. This was to include a choice of a pot of tea, a latte or cappuccino. I went there Saturday morning and was warmly greeted, which makes a change as some places seem to sell Groupon deals but then look down upon their customers (which always makes no sense, why sell it it the first place!).
No worries about that here...we settled in and our drinks arrived promptly.

The cafe is clean and spacious...it goes back a fair way and has a large TV in a seating area at the back, that has large sofas and can easily accommodate 8+ people.

The breakfast was done well, the only small issue was the bacon wasn't well done but that's fine, I should have asked for that preference when I ordered. Comprising of a hash brown, two bacon, two sausages, some beans ( a few more would have been nice) a few mushrooms and an egg. Sausages weren't the best, a bit 'fluffy' and obviously not good quality, but edible. The egg was well done and there were no real issued with the food, as the price was really good...the latte I had, which was really well done, would cost £2+ most places, so it was good value.

I think if it was full price then it wouldn't compete against other places- at more than £6 each, for what we had, I think I would go elsewhere as it's pricey for what it was.
But as a deal it was good and the cafe was nice...I would recommend the hot drinks and they do a selection of other food so I may go back and have coffee and cake ( which seemed reasonably priced).

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Really laid back cafe. Very reasonably priced and healthy cooked food. Very pleasant service. Parking is a bit of a problem as Festival is close to a busy junction but well worth a trip.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I entertained a £5 "Groupon Special", entailing two breakfasts with tea & toast. Here my observations: -
i. The entire restaurant is very clean & tidy
ii. The staff are pleasant and efficient
iii. The breakfast was well presented and very tasty

Overall my offer was a steal, however the way I was treated and the sublime food, I will definitely return to this fine establishment

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Really love this little cafe. A very relaxing environment, free WiFi, contemporary design with deep easy-chairs & sofas. One of the best cappuccinos in Portsmouth. Oh and food is very reasonably priced, especially the cakes.

Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

The woman on the front counter is very friendly and goes out of her way to help and serve.

The food is fresh and tasty. The portion sizes are huge and good value for money.