“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Having been to a party my wife and I with friends, planned to visit the Taste of China in Cosham. Welcome and service was typically friendly and efficient, warm and comfortable but in need of a refurb we waited for the food, we had the set menu with a few extras.

The food was perfect, hot, fresh and fully of oriental flavour. The service through the meal was very good not to fast and not to slow, cost was reasonable and we were left to sit and chat as we wanted.

If you like great Chinese food you will not go wrong here, we will be back.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I am a vegetarian. I ordered a mixed vegetable curry. I found three pieces of chicken in it, one of which I ate half of, wrongly assuming it would be tofu. The waiter did take the cost of my meal off the bill but it didn't seem like a big deal to them.

We won't be back.

2  Thank MorleyMathers
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went here with friends for a meal, when we arrived it was busy and we hadn't booked so they offered us a table in 45 minutes so we went for a drink. We were looking forward to the meal but was so disappointed. I asked the waitress for a recommendation and she replied 'I don't know what you like', that was me told then, her attitude was disgusting and she remained a grumpy waitress serving in a most surly manner, the rest of the staff were not much better. I had eaten at an Indian restaurant during the week and asked there for a recommended dish to try and the waiter was so helpful asking what I liked, strength of curry etc, she needs to get some customer service skills.

We ordered a shared starter which the waitress told us would be for 4, so when 2 spring rolls came with 4 of spare ribs, 4 prawn toasts and a small portion of crispy seaweed for £15.60 it was disappointing and certainly not value for money. We had to half the spring rolls to have a taster each.

The main courses were not a lot better and my dish wasn't that hot, the food was average with portion size not that big. There was little ambiance in the restaurant so lucky we had good company or it would have really spoilt our evening.
They overcharge for their dishes compared to other Chinese restaurants that are much nicer.

I would never return here or recommend it to people, there are much better Chinese restaurants around the area and other restaurants. They are lucky there isn't other restaurants in Cosham High St, this is what keeps them busy as they wouldn't last in an area with more restaurant choice.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband became a regular here cus i was so impressed by the way they cooked their food, always fresh, always delicious, where food are not so super sweet like what other chinese restaurant do, it is like eating in Chinatown in London. Wide selections of dishes. Their seafood selections is superb...
I have had organised parties for friends here and they always looks very well after us..all were impress about the quality of their food., excellent portions...the staffs looks very well after us always...It's the BEST CHINESE IN POMPEY, i really dont want to say it cus they might get a lot more busier than they are and i cant get a table next time i want to come...but i've got to say it!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

we popped in for a quick lunch break three courses just the right amount.. good value and nice food.