“Horrendous”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Should’ve left when the wrong food was brought to the table behind us.
Waiter who took our order was lovely but seemed in despair, literally couldn’t wait for his shift to finish. And once he did things went downhill badly.
Some starters didn’t even arrive ( kitchen didn’t know). 45 min wait for mains. Out of a party of 6, only one meal was edible. Counted at least 4 parties leaving before they even ordered it took that long to be attended to. Once our food did arrive it was so poor we warned other diners not to bother. Grey steaks, yellow fish, dead garnish and seafood gumbo that tasted like bad beef stew.

1  Thank Annio016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went here after a lovely day out for my father’s birthday and it was absolutely terrible. I have contacted Coast to Coast directly to give them an opportunity to resolve my grievances. Apparently the manager was going to call me but considering it’s been weeks without a call it just proves their after care is a bad as the experience we received. They just do not care about their customers.

It was a hot day and we were pointed in the direction of our table, not taken to the table like most restaurants do. Just pointed. We then waited about 15-20 mins to be offered drinks. This was on the really hot early May Bank holiday so we really wanted a drink. We asked for water twice and never got it, we had nothing to eat the food with so had to ask for cutlery twice and received this on the second attempt of asking. The food took ages and when it arrived it was lukewarm, my salad was limp and the bbq sauce on the table was very nearly empty. Sadly we weren’t even asked how our food was during the meal so it couldn’t be rectified. Not that I would have even bothered to say anything as that probably would have taken too long to sort out. Normally we would have dessert but we couldn’t wait to get out of there. Even getting and paying the bill was a challenge. To sum up this restaurant is overpriced, the food is poor and the staff really do not care. I would advise people to avoid this restaurant. There are so many other good restaurants in Gunwharf it’s just a shame we happened to pick this one. Especially as it was a special occasion.

1  Thank Clare C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perusing the many restaurants on offer at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, Coast to Coast seemed like a great choice, as it offers a reasonable variety of food.

Unfortunetly the quality of the food served here is nowhere near value for money. I would urge anyone to go to a pub restaurant instead; the food would be more enjoyable and half the price.

I had the most dissapointing fish and chips I've ever eaten out. For just under £15, I expected a tasty and generous meal. Frozen chips from a supermarket are preferable to those served here and the batter with the fish was flavourless. I'll admit the fish itself was decent, but cod is extremely boring with no other flavours to counter-balance how tepid it tastes.

My girlfriend ordered a pizza, without cheese, as there are no vegan options at this restaurant. I understand her order may be usual, but she was given almost no sauce on her pizza and the base was very dry, and hard to cut; let alone eat.

For just over £30, I wish we'd just gone to McDonald's, quite frankly. Not the feeling you want when you leave a restaurant at such a beautiful place like Gunwharf Quays.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Slow service, made worse by having to find out yourself that they don't do food outside by the waterside.

The food looked a bit lost on the plates. Miserly portions of slaw and fries. Burger ok.

2  Thank Shefnumpty
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Quick family visit before catching a ferry. To be honest we wouldn't have stayed if we weren't in a rush. The waiting staff ignored is then when approached stated they didn't service food where we were sitting. A manager type didn't appear to know her menu. Food bland and we wouldn't bother again.

2  Thank Jacqueline R