“Not too impressed”

Dining options: After-hours
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Not too impressed”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

After a long trip to Portsmouth I decided to play safe and eat at a Wetherspoons.
Being hungry I ordered the mixed grill.
While most of it was of reasonable quality the steak was practically raw! I dont just mean bloody I mean raw, the centre was still cold and couldnt even get my fork in it.
I complained to the staff who said they would inform the chef, and waited, and waited. Got fedup in the end and left feeling very disapointed.
Maybe if it was busy I could have given a little leeway but it was very quiet so no real excuse.

• Visited February 2014
TrafManager1, Manager at Lloyds No 1 - The Trafalgar, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback lifeboatbod. I Have had a small delay in taking control of my Trip Advisor page and can now respond to all customers, sorry for the delay in responding. If it’s any conciliation I am now utilising all Trip Advisor feedback for staff training purposes. So sorry to disappoint you after a long trip. This was a while ago but we did go through a phase of getting the odd batch of mixed grill steaks that weren’t up to standard. They were too thick and too dense which results in an undercooked tough cut. I am sorry, this should have never reached the table. After feeding this back to us we should have replaced or refunded. If you wish to discuss the matter further please contact me via e-mail.
Kind regards
Phil

“Brilliant”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Very quick serve and the food was excellent. I would recommend the hotdogs which must be a foot long or the ribs.
There is plenty of seating spread out on at least three floors with tables for every possible amount of people.

• Visited January 2014
Thank you for your feedback Kjk67. I Have had a small delay in taking control of my Trip Advisor page and can now respond to all customers, sorry for the delay in responding. If it’s any conciliation I am now utilising all Trip Advisor feedback for staff training purposes. Really appreciate the positive feedback. Its good for the staff to get a good mix. If you like the Hotdogs you’ll love the New Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. Shaved Ribeye steak topped with caramelised onions and a Montery Jack cheese sauce on the side. Comes with a free drink, choices include the new Craft beer range. Available from the 3rd October – Sorry for the shameless Plug!
Kind regards
Phil
uk
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The food pricing is good value however there basics seem to be missing for example I ordered a filter coffee and was told to get my milk at the table opposite this area was dirty and there was no milk. I had to queue again to ask for milk whilst queuing I noticed there were many tables that had not been cleared. I appreciate December is a busy month but the basic standards should be kept no matter how busy. The food was acceptable considering the price I dont think customers should be expecting high end quality at these prices we were happy with our sandwiches we ate.

• Visited December 2013
Portsmouth
“Gym night out”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I organised a night out here for my gym buddies. Food was great, massive plate of roast dinner cooked to perfection....service was excellent and staff friendly and helpful....can't beat a Lloyds bar for cheap drinks etc....will definately be returning.....Thanks guys and girls for a good night....

• Visited December 2013
Reigate
“GOOD BEER - AVERAGE BUT CHEAP FOOD”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Ordered two deli deals with drinks and was pleased to get a comfotable and quiet table in this huge bar. By mistake I had ordered chips with both ciabattas but the bar lady despite being a bit gruff was able to get through to the kitchen to change this to one salad. The free drink was a splendid pint of Kelham Island Pale Rider - a very tasty light coloured real ale. The food was delivered quicker than advised which was good, and the deli deal made up for the ciabatta fillings being bland.

• Visited October 2013