“A hidden gem that a visiting must!”
Review of Churchill's at 25

Churchill's at 25
Ranked #55 of 673 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Visited recently after hearing that it has been reopened and wasn't disappointed! Very simple, yet relaxing decor, lovely welcoming service, easy laid back menu, with the eggy bread and bacon combo being a real hit with me! Natalie makes delightful homemade cakes and biscuits to tempt any palate. Overall a lovely experience and I can't wait to get an evening free to try out the dinner menu! My advice, forget the usual high street chains for lunch, walk an extra 5 minutes round the corner and sample real home cooked food.. You will not be disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Churchill's at 25

Reviewed 9 December 2013

been to Churchills twice now since it reopened a few weeks ago. the food is very fresh and cooked to order. both times i have ordered from the specials board and i have not been disappointed.the portions were huge and i have to admit i struggled to eat everything that was put on my plate. the staff were friendly and attentive and nothing was to much trouble. took away some shortbread in a little bag too, which was also freshly made, nice touch! cant wait for the next visit. :)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My friend and I had lunch in Churchill's a couple of weeks ago and the service was fantastic, the staff couldn't have been more efficient and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The prices are very reasonable and the quality of food is excellent and always cooked fresh (with not a microwave in sight...I did ask as I hate microwaved food and they allowed me to go see for myself). They deliver service that I remember going back decades ago, which I thought was long since vanished, it was refreshing to go eat there and they made everyone in the restaurant feel special. Definitely a place to visit again and again. I have since visited twice more and each time it's been the same lovely experience.

1  Thank elizabethtaylor451
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Visited Churchill's this morning for the first time. It has just been taken over by new management and I am so pleased we decided to pop in here than our usual choice, the food and quality of food was amazing and the staff really friendly! I had a fried breakfast, fresh meaty sausages instead of the cheap rubbish a lot of other local restaurants use, the best part was the fresh bubble and squeak used instead of a hash brown it was to die for!!

If you are looking for a place to have breakfast in southsea, this is the place to go! Let's just hope they keep up the great food and service a few weeks/months down the line following the new management!

1  Thank ashleigh c
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I've been to Churchill's with a colleague for a quick lunch today. It re-opened this week under new management. All food is home made and plenty to choose from. The portions are very generous. Our food was tasty and fresh, the staff very welcoming and friendly, the ambience very nice. Prices affordable. Good value for money. I had never been here before, but I will definitely go back and recommend this place to family and friends!

1  Thank Marika S