“Very Friendly”

Churchill's of Southsea
Ranked #19 of 706 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Churchills of Southsea is a Cafe selling British favourites and classics. It was established in 2007 by Chef Darren Churchill and Darren continues to provide favourite dishes for his regular locals and a changing weekly menu to add seasonal interest.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had a wonderful welcome from the owner when greeting us at our table.

The menu had a good selection of light bites and mains meals with some local seafood specials. The food came quickly, the portions were generous, fresh and delicious.

I will definitely be returning for lunch again.

2  Thank Ma T

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Everything about Churchills was perfect. The staff couldnt have been better ---very friendly obliging and gave 1st class service. Extremely good value and food was hot and well presented. We certainly will go back again.

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Yes I live local to Churchill's and very glad I do, I am partially diabled and find sccess to the restaurant easy and always get a friendly helping hand getting through the door to a table. I have Sunday lunch there every week and other meals at times. The food is freshly cooked and I can always get my vegetables cooked to how I like them, I can also get extra gravy. The lady staff are very friendly and helpful and there is a nice kind of ambience about the place which suits me. The meals are good value and to my mind this restaurant is the best in the area where there is quite a lot of competition. I value the assistance that I get there and the friendly manner in which my meal is served. I only have one suggestion, can the vegetables be served in a seperate dish even with only one at the table rather than all being on the one plate.

1  Thank derek227
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have had Sunday breakfast here a few times now and never been disappointed, food always served hot, fresh and tasty, they even have gluten free bread rolls which is fabulous news to me as I am able to enjoy a good breakfast with the rest of my family. Service is always with a pleasant smile and nothing too much trouble. We will have a Sunday roast soon. Thank you churchills.

1  Thank ollieday1
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Our local newspaper reviewer give this a very average review, so I thought I would go for the 3rd time to see if I agreed with her.
Unfortunately, I did agree with one of her comments - the smell of cooking fact on entering, and that they should get a decent extractor fan.
I had noticed it last time I went but because the place had just re-opened I put it down to teething problems. But it has not been fixed.

The service is very good! the food is acceptable, there are far better places locally.
The main benefit of the place is the position - right opposite Waitrose - so good for meeting friends.

The smell must be addressed though.

2  Thank Jane S