“Food great tea very tasty”
Review of Southsea Coffee Co

Southsea Coffee Co
Ranked #32 of 684 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are an independent cafe serving speciality coffee, feel good food and rawsome cakes.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

First visit to this place after being reccomended by a pal. I've rated as very good as the tea and goats cheese bruchette was very tasty. Simple and easy surroundings and a real mix of locals enjoying the place. However just one observation was the slightly oddball service. When I entered and approached the desk asking for a table I was met with a glance that you'd normally get if you'd killed their cat! Anyway I sat down and waited for the missus. While we were waiting a group of 8 schoolgirls came in and were promptly ignored by everyone so they just left. £80 just walked outta the place. Then a family of 4 came in and got the same treatment. The waiter with the beard walked up to them said hello and then walked straight past them, it's the weirdest thing I've seen. Anyway my experience was good so have marked as such but boy do they need to work on the initial contact.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Visited on a day out to the coast. I'm a tea drinker normally, but tried their own-blended coffee, intrigued by promise from enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff that it would taste fruity. They weren't wrong - it did! Nicest cup of coffee I've ever head. And the homemade banana bread and fruit loaf were just fab! Not cheap, but this really is an example of you get what you pay for.

1  Thank Kirsty A
Reviewed 20 April 2014

These guys love their coffee and they love to share their knowledge!
With a wide selection of coffee types and different ways to make it you'll keep going back for more!

1  Thank Hannah269
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Its nice to have a locally run coffee shop who know what they are doing! Great coffee, delicious homemade cakes and service is always friendly.
Highly recommended - always a great experience.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This has become one of my favourite mummy hang outs in recent months with or without my kids. Quality menu, I love the honeycomb crumpets. Its relaxed and friendly. My kids like drawing and colouring in the pictures on the blackboard as well as the nutella milkshakes. My only gripe. .. they dont sell decaff tea. Otherwise a great place to stop and catch up with friends and family.

1  Thank Heather E