“Waited 50 mins”

Ranked #118 of 661 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are passionate about creating the best quality hand-made food using local, seasonal ingredients. You can come and sample our lovely grub and amazing coffee anytime at The Pavilion Cafe, Southsea Tennis Club, PO5 3PB, where we have fantastic function rooms for hire. We can cater for all events, large and small. And of course, you can also find us at Hampshire Farmers Markets in Southsea and HFM food festivals. We are always available for private orders. Check out our website for more details.
Lancashire
“Waited 50 mins”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Decided to go to the pavilion on Sunday as was a nice sunny day down the front and have a bite to eat with my brother in law. We ordered at 12 it was busy, got our pot of tea for 2 after 10 mins my mother in law got her latte in a cupboard cup as didn't gave enough mugs. After 40 mins waiting I went up to the counting to ask how long it would be, was told they list the ticket I did inform I had a 9 year old with me who was hungary, so sat back down, watching many other meals come out 20 mins later I went back again still my food wasn't coming so asked for my money back. Need to train staff and quick to deal with busier days in the summer it was organised chaos, table next to us order was lost as well.
Would stay away on sunny days

Visited January 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love love love it!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

If you have children, or love decent food and lovely service, this is the place for you. It's the most child friendly place I've been to in Portsmouth/Southsea, our children love running around and playing with all the toys. Lots of room for buggies and the staff are very patient stepping around our little terrors. The food is amazing and service recovery is fab as any time I've had to wait longer than average for food we've been rewarded with free muffins or coffee. Very well managed and the more places I go for lunch the more I realise this really is the best.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Stephijane82
“Pleasant and welcoming”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have been here a few times and have always found it welcoming and friendly with a good choice of cakes and snacks. It's true that there can often be a lot of children, but so what? They're not lepers! I have always met well-behaved children there. They are also dog-friendly which makes a nice change.
In my opinion the responses to criticisms have not been defensive, but apologetic and showing care. A lot of other cafes wouldn't bother.
I'm happy to make it one of my regular choices.

• Visited January 2014
Denmead, United Kingdom
“Great cafe”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times whilst out and about in Southsea and it is a lovely cafe. We've only stopped for coffee and cake but alway enjoyed what we have had.

It is probably a bit too child friendly for me but can see the attraction for families. However that means it can be a little lively depending on who is in.

We will be back next time we are down in southsea

“Pleasant coffee house”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Have now stopped off at this cafe about 4 times while walking the seafront. We have only had coffee & cake but found it welcoming & the coffee good as well as cake. I can see how it may get busy with children but there is a little section away from the play area so all should be catered for. Allows dogs too. We will be back.