“Chic breakfast”

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
“Chic breakfast”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had great breakfast and cake the other day. Did not realise that they had o'hagans sausages! And everything was grilled - no fried grease! Also nice and helpful staff.
Definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2014

“Won't be coming back”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Since this place opened I have posted photos on Facebook and blogs etc promoting it. Today I effectively got told off for not asking permission to photograph the place, being met with the question 'is something wrong' when I had the camera ready. Then being told that people would 'usually ask permission to take photos'. The notion that something is wrong when someone gets their camera out seems a strange one. I am in the process of making a 'promote southsea' video. Needless to say this place won't be featuring in the video, and I won't be going back. It is a convenient place, however I can't say the serve is great, and is actually really slow. The food is fab and I really like it, but trying to get a waitresses attention is not the easiest of tasks. I am still smarting, I have had only good words to say since their opening a year ago, but I absolutely won;t be going back, I felt very embarrassed and shown up and it was completely unnecessary doing this to a customer, seeings as I have been in this place really often and was only photographing my partner. Was trying to do a good thing and left feeling really uncomfortable and horrid - not going back there. Came in for lunch and left with just a coffee and bad taste. (re below - no I don;t have a photo to share because I deleted it!) ( Tip - don't piss off your regular customers)

• Visited May 2014
9 Thank sue h
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Nice place for lunch...”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went on a Saturday lunchtime with a friend. Ordered at counter. Food fine and good quality, latte coffee good. Found staff friendly & service was fine. Used my Tastecard with no problem. Would visit again.

• Visited April 2014
“Shabby Service”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Visited with my girlfriend on Sunday morning and sat inside at one of the tables waiting for someone to take our order. The café was busy but as there were only 5 other tables being used I thought we would at least be acknowledged but no one made any effort to take our order. We waited over 15 minutes but got up and left when the waitress began taking the order for another couple who had only just entered the café. The food looked good and the menu had lots to choose from but never got chance to try it. Went instead to the 10th hole café on the seafront had a much better experience. Sorry Shabby Chic but won’t be coming back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Neil O
“Delightful!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is such a fabulous place to stop whilst in Southsea. The owner and staff are very friendly and welcoming. Cafe's atmosphere is relaxed and cosy, with pleasant quiet background music, comfortable odd bits of furniture include some sofas, armchairs and benches which all add to the quirkiness and style, the shelves and walls display art work from local artists (for sale) and the food is delicious and beautifully presented. The paninis are deliciously prepared (we had the tuna melt and Spanish style paninis) the famous Portsmouth Tea is great and so is the coffee. I enjoy popping in during the week for a pot of Portsmouth tea and scone with mascapone cheese and fig jam - all very reasonably priced. Lovely place!

• Visited March 2014