“Nice clean hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pembroke Park Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Pembroke Park Hotel
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Nice clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

After finding all the hotels on the usual booking sites were full or outrageous prices found this little place. For £70 night we cannot complain, our room was on the first floor, it was clean, quite spacious as it had a double and single bed plus table and chairs. The bathroom was clean and had everything you needed. The room was on the street so a bit of traffic noise.
There is only street parking but for £10 deposit for a pass it is free and usually close. Wifi is good.
Owners very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is cooked fresh to order although not a huge range of continental items.
Plenty of restuarants close by, walk to most sites and seafront or bus is on the doorstep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank valandroy

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just spent the Bank Holiday weekend here. This is the fourth time we have stayed here, so that tells you something.

Lovely little Hotel. Clean, tidy and spacious room. Nice selection at breakfast, full english or continental or a light breakfast. The full english is spot on.

The hotel is in a good location for a walk along the seafront wall into the Dockyard/Gun Wharf Quay area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank niget1957
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here for a week on a business trip down from London, on my arrival bob (one of the owners) was so helpful and welcoming, talked me around the local area and showed me to my room, my room was very clean and comforting, my en-suit was a lovely size with everything you need, a lovely power shower as well. Breakfast was lovely, such a variety to chose from, which was home cooked and provided with fresh juice and tea or coffee. My room was cleaned daily and kept very lovely, TV with free-view was provided in the room. It's in a great area with a local co-op and loads of restaurants just around the corner. The seafront was a 5 min walk around the corner. Free parking is provided, £10 deposit and they give you a permit to park just outside, with plenty of space just down the road. I was extremely happy with my stay here and would recommend to anyone, I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in the area

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank HannahJayne2
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here on a recent trip to Portsmouth, it was booked for me so I had no idea what to expect.
I couldn't have expected more! An excellent place to stay, extremely clean & welcoming and the home made breakfast set me up perfectly for the day.
I had spoken to the owner before starting my journey there as I wasn't going to arrive till close to midnight, the were very understanding and arranged for my late arrived, couldn't have asked for more!
You forget the joy of a family run business, wish I could have stayed for longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank BriFantana
Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stumbled across this great, traditional B&B while trying to find somewhere to crash after a night out in Southsea with work colleagues. There's no on-line booking on their website and the B&B doesn't feature on any booking sites, but a quick phone call to the B&B the night before produced an efficient response and a very attractive rate.

They don't have any allocated parking, but you can borrow a business parking permit in exchange for a £10 deposit which allows you to park free of charge in any of the public parking spaces on the neighbouring streets. I had no trouble at all finding a space just across the road when arriving at 6:30pm.

My room was a double with additional single bed on the top floor (up 3 flights of stairs). Very clean and pleasant room with everything you need for a short stay including tea/coffee making facilities and a modern LCD TV with freeview. The en-suite was small but had a nice shower with plenty of hot water, though water pressure at the top of the building was a little weak.

Slept well in a comfortable bed, but was woken early by the noise of seagulls and the bins being emptied at a property to the real of the B&B. Some black-out curtain linings might also have been useful as te room was filled with sunlight at 6:30am. These were the only minor niggles of an otherwise great stay.

The breast room is nicely decorated and they offer either a continental or fully cooked breakfast with good quality coffee served in a jug. Owner and another staff member I met were welcoming and efficient.

A great find that I will certainly consider using again.

Room Tip: Rooms at top are up several flight of narrow stairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Gordon2112
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a short stay at this hotel and found the people and the hotel to be just to our liking. The room was spotless and comfortable ....and the breakfast was also spot on. Seems to be a family business and they were very helpful. We would certainly recommend this hotel and on our next trip to Portsmouth ...we will definitely be staying at the Pembroke Park Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank FrankHolden122
East Sussex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife had some leave due from work a while ago which enabled us to enjoy a short break away together in Portsmouth which is a good place for shopping together with so many other things to see and do....We both love Portsmouth as it's such a lovely and interesting city.

Upon checking online beforehand,I discovered that most of the internet and tourist board booking sites' cheaper hotels and b&b's were full for either all or part of the time that we wished to stay in the city,and that those establishments which did have vacant rooms were charging what I call 'silly prices,' (I feel sure that you'll know what I mean when I say this!) some of which did not provide breakfast in the mornings,and quite frankly I'd prefer to stay at home(which although is not a palace is probably far more comfortable than some of these hotels would had been anyway!) rather than have to pay exorbitant over the top hotel rates, as like it or not I am a budget traveller.

In order to find ourselves a suitable room within walking distance of the city centre and 'Gunwharf Quays' I resorted to searching all the nearby streets using 'Google Street View' which much to my surprise came up with quite a few good alternatives which I hadn't previously discovered online, and the 'Pembroke Park Hotel' in Bellvue Terrace,Portsmouth,PO5 3AT appeared to fulfil all of our requirements, so I telephoned them and I was able to book us a room on a bed and breakfast basis costing £60 per night on the dates which we required.

We found the hotel's location was ideal as the 'Pembroke Park Hotel' was just a five minute walk away from Clarence Pier (for the Isle of Wight Hovercraft service) and a quarter of an hours walk away from both Portsmouth's City Centre and the 'Gunwharf Quays' both of which are excellent shopping centres with good undercover facilities should it decide to rain.
The number 23 bus stop is immediately outside the hotel and frequent buses serving Southsea, Portsmouth City Centre,and Havant(which is quite a nice town) leave from here,so as you can see it is quite easy to get around,and should you arrive by car the 'Pembroke Park Hotel ' can arrange an 'on-street' parking permit for you - so no worries there!

Our room, Number 2 located on the first floor was freshly decorated, very comfortable, bright and sufficiently warm,and it was most certainly one of the nicest hotel rooms that I've stayed in,and it actually contained a single bed in addition to a double bed,and the room had its own en-suite with a washbasin,loo and a shower unit which was impeccably clean and which had lovely soft fluffy towels,although I did feel that the lighting in the en-suite cubicle could had been a shade brighter knowing what ladies are like with their make-up etc.

There was television in the room, and you need not worry about over-sleeping in the mornings as an alarm clock was thoughtfully provided, and there was a most useful loose-leaf information pack kept in the room which gave many good suggestions advising guests of places of interest to go,together with a very comphrensive listing of the many restaurants and local shops which can be found in Portsmouth and Southsea.
Wi-Fi was provided in the hotel,and an 'ironing room' which was provided on the first floor was a thoughtful touch which I'm sure many guests would had found very useful indeed.

Breakfast times in the dining room downstairs were from 8am to 9am, and the breakfast which was very good indeed was served by the proprietress, who with her husband were most charming, courteous and helpful to both my wife and myself during the course of our short stay,and should you be seeking a good bed & breakfast establishment easily accessible to all of Portsmouth's amenities I'd certainly have no hesitation in recommending the 'Pembroke Park Hotel' to you, and I do trust that should you ever stay here,you will find it to be a very pleasant and comfortable guest house, just as we did.

Room Tip: Our room(No.2)was excellent,and I've no reason to doubt that the other rooms are not of the same...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple