“Quality on a slippery path!”
Review of KFC

KFC
Ranked #511 of 686 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Reviewed 8 January 2014

KFC chicken is always pretty good, bur the fries were cold and the coke was flat.

No coleslaw,

Closing time was far too early.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I'm a long time KFC fan - the chicken there is always succulent and hearty, but having visited this site at the Fratton industrial park twice in recent months now and been disappointed both times, I will not be returning.

We (family of 5), visited at around 3pm on a Sunday. There were a handful of people waiting for their food, but we were served straight away. The menu board is more like an eye test than an appetising assortment to tempt you with, it's tiny, high up and hard to both read and navigate.

The kids selection is written even smaller and as the tall, blonde haired youth took note of what we would like between his yawns, I could sense that I would have to check and correct the order when/if I finally received it.

After placing a £16+ order for 3 kids meals and an adult box meal, next came the wait at the new fangled Argos style queuing system. Those new to the new functioning KFC, let me enlighten you. After paying, you are handed a ticket number, and have to wait around for your number to first appear on the big screen tv, then be called out. It's not like back in the day when one person went through the whole process of taking your hard earned cash then instantly turning around and collating the food items you'd requested.

This new method not only means a longer wait, but also having to tell a second person what you ordered.

20 minutes passed and I was finally a lucky bingo KFC winner - my order number was called out!

However, Sleepy Joe on the till had not been conscious long enough to correctly key in exactly what I ordered, so all 3 of my kids meals were wrong. We were given the wrong drinks, no desert and when I asked for the deserts (ice cream), had to ask separately for spoons (I guess we were expected to wait for it to melt and just drink it?)

The seating areas didn't offer much respite from this shoddy display either. The condiments section was both: a) empty and b) dirty and staff were reluctant to give us paying customers anything that should have been there, including basics such as straws and napkins.

There was a large, full black bin bag that had been taken from a waste bin and just placed in the middle of the restaurant for customers to drop their waste into - not very hygienic or what you want to see whilst eating.

Overall, I was thoroughly disappointed and outraged by the whole experience, which took place during a non busy period, so there are no excuses for the tardiness.

My family and I shall not be returning.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We work close so often use this KFC. To be fair it can get really busy which is best, as the food is fresh and cooked for you. We have eaten when nobody is in to find the Chicken cold and not nice but this is typical of fast food outlets.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Firstly I must say this is nonsense. All these reviewers below are talking rubbish. I had some of the finest chicken I've EVER had from this KFC. Everything was perfect the chicken was tender succulent and very flavoursome. Also just to note to previous reviewer I did ask for my drink to be exchanged for a additional side as I was feeling rather peckish and the team were more than happy to fulfil my needs I just think he asked the wrong person! Will return for some more of the colonels culinary delights! mmmmmmm thinking of a tower zinger meal nowmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2  Thank Ewan B
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I have tried this establishment on several occasions and have to say that it is not a normal visit if they haven't run out of one thing or another. I don't just mean having to wait for more to be cooked but we have had occasions where they have had no sweetcorn, no coleslaw etc. When they have got everything available they get the order wrong. Easy to sort if you're eating in but when you get home after doing drive through its just too much hassle. If I have to use it I now park up and check everything before going home. Generally poor.