Sailmakers Loft
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Portsmouth
See available hotels
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
Queen's Hotel(Portsmouth)
  • Room Service
All reviewstop floorb bfree parkingmary rosewithin easy walking distancecar parkbobbybalconycerealdockyardpermitsouthseaspinnakervictory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2013

If you need somewhere to stay that is in a good position for site seeing the Sailmakers Loft is a must. It is situated in Old Portsmouth at Spice Island Bob the owner is a very friendly, helpful guy. There are lovely views from the double room and it is very cosy. A good breakfast was served and Bob made you feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Sailmakers loft has a great location. The parking pass an added plus. Bobby, the owner and host is very knowledgeable and gregarious. He made us feel welcomed and spirited conversation with other guests which made our stay far more interesting. Ask for the roof deck; it is well worth the climb and has great views of the harbor. Bobby's friendliness and jovial nature made it a fun place to stay. I would recommend the Sailmaker's Loft to anyone looking to stay in this area.

Room Tip: If available ask for the room with the roof deck and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the busy harbor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stopped here after getting off the 21:30 ferry from Le Havre after a motorbiking trip. Bobby, the owner, was very accomodating and let us put 3 of our bikes in his garage. He then showed us to our rooms and seeing we were tired and disheveled said we could settle up next morning and left us to it. Very thoughtful of him.
We had 3 rooms, a double and two twins, that were tidy and clean and had tea/coffee available. A TV was also supplied although we didnt use it. Bathrooms were small but more than useable, with plenty of clean towels supplied.
I ended up in the biggest of the 3 rooms on the top floor which was a twin, but could have been a double had the beds been pushed together. This room has a balcony and a great view of the water and the top of the spinnaker tower.
Breakfast the next morning was excellent. Cereal, fruit, tea, coffee and a cracking full english with as much toast as you could handle.
We paid using a card machine which was very convenient, having only euros in our pockets.
I will definitely be staying here again next time I am crossing the channel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the top room, number 4, as it has a lovely balcony overlooking the water.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Wow this was recommended to me by nick of boat ability in Portsmouth. Run by Bob who couldn't have been more accomodating.. Lovely unspoilt character property. Not massive rooms but ample and cosy - the rooms with views are fab. I didn't feel I was staying at a B&b but at a friends place. I sat and drooled over the English breakfast which I passed on cos was doing some training exercises at sea and it was a really rough day - silly me I could have sat in the dining room just peering out the window instead of getting cold and wet plus at £70 for two with full breakfast great value for money. There are some stairs to climb so may not be suitable for all.

Also check out Boatability for all RYA training and boat charters .

Room Tip: Sorry there is no swimming pool but I hit this by mistake and couldn't change and or a fitness center but you could do several sets of the stairs with or without luggage if you are a fitness bod to work off the breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thegatehouse
Reviewed 17 September 2012

just had a mon-fri stay in the loft,no single room available but bobby let me have a twin at the same price.bedroom and bathroom a bit tired,but what great value almost half the price of b&bs nearby.great location and the top room is superb. will definitely return for another visit.

Room Tip: book top room with balcony if possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo