“Great place to stay”

Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
Gloucestershire UK
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for four nights from the 4th -7th February due to work commitments. This was our second stay in 3 months and we were more than happy to return. You cant complain at all about this hotel. Great rooms, very clean, and all the staff are really friendly and professional. They offer a great breakfast, and this time we chose the meal deal option which suited us all after a busy day.No complaints at all- would definitely stay again! 10/10

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This Premier Inn was picked for its proximity to one of our offices. As far as Premier Inns go this was clean, comfortable and everything in the room worked as it should. The staff are particular friendly and can't do enough for you.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Gloucester, England.
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Have just returned from this hotel after staying for 4 nights with work associates.
We all found the hotel really good. I've given it 4 points as the only niggle was that the lift wasn't in working order throughout our stay.
The staff were all excellent from front desk, to waiting staff to housekeeping.
Rooms were spotless, comfortable bed (on the firm side which I like), roomy shower cubicle. My heating wasn't working that well so I had a heater brought to the room within an hour of my arrival and had use of it througout.
We were on the meal deal (half board) and we all agreed the food was very good, not one bad meal choice between us, including one vegetarian.
Breakfast was also good, plenty of choice.
I used ear plugs at night just in case but have to say I ended up taking them out part way through the night and there was next to no noise inside or outside the hotel.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Worldwire
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I've stayed here approx 6 times now, it's the closest to the office and avoids a taxi.

Good Points
-Friendly Staff
-Good Location
-Clean

Bad Points
-Received a snotty letter accusing me of smoking in the room, no evidence nor true in the 1st place
-Sink in the room, bathroom setup isn't practical and very small (I'm 6ft5)
-Told the restaurant was busy and couldn't eat, asked if I could take food to my room - had to wait in reception whilst they made it, he refused to ring me in my room when ready. My main come 1st and then had to wait a further 15 mins for starter/desert - by time I balanced it all to my room it was stone cold
-Next occasion I just ordered a main to avoid the 'faff', chicken wasn't entirely cooked - really couldn't be bothered getting ready again to go down and argue

Refuse to stay here anymore and just foot the bill for a taxi

Twitter @nonrevs

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Svernon
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service and I am sorry to learn that we have failed on this occasion. We would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with our Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Sheffield
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

My wife and i were due to stay at this Premier Inn on 18/19 jan. However friday Jan 18th saw some of the heaviest snowfall the South had experienced for a long time. We left Sheffield at 9am friday morning but after getting just south of Oxford the driving conditions became highly dangerous with heavy snow falling and temperatures -3. Im a carefull driver but was fearing for our safty.As i turned off the A43 my car skidded at the roundabout confirming my decision to turn round was the correct one. After a scary 5 hours on the rd we arrived back in Sheffield. I phoned the Hotel and explained the situation re the hazardous weather. I was told i could not get a refund andvthat i should e mail head office with my complaint. This is a totally Neanderthal attitude and i even said i would accept a voucher as we intend to visit iur friends in Pompey when the weather picks up. I realise i am not reviewing the rooms or facilities. Butbduevto the disgracefull way we have been tret i wanted to warm people to bear this in mind. It was bad enough not seeing our friends let alone told point blank. No Refund !!!

• Stayed January 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I do apologise for any disappointment caused as a result of our Saver Rate booking policy. At Premier Inn we offer a Flexible rate (cancellations and amendments up until 1pm on the day of arrival without charge) & a Non Flexible Premier Saver rate (No cancellations, amendments or refunds can be made).We appreciate that no one books a hotel room with the expectation to cancel or amend, however we're only able to offer these discounted rooms by adhering to strict booking terms. We do try and ensure that this is as clear as possible throughout the booking process and this is why we ask customers to accept these terms & conditions stating that you will not be able to cancel or amend the reservation, once confirmed. Please note that any supplement charges for breakfast, meal deals etc will be refunded back to the card that was held on the booking.
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Excellent staff,great food,NO1 cleaner, KEV NO1 barman ,great location & a home from home. Just say when u check in HIGH HONEY IM HOME & the fun will start from therec u soon PORT SOLENT PS LOOK OUT FOR THE CREATIVE TOWEL SHAPES ON THE BEDS????? Nice touch

• Stayed January 2013
Dhahran
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Needed to be in Portsmouth before the snow set in and Premier helped me out at 2am.
Good sized car park with decent width spacing so no door dents.
Night porter opened the door before I even got there, front desk handover was smooth and helpful.
Double room was good size and value for money compared to other 'higher end' experience I'd suffered the night before just up the road!
King size bed, slept well, shame no feather pillows on offer, even at additional cost..
Breakfast was friendly, tasty and great valve, no aweful pink sawdust sausages here as served up by other higher end companies!
Recommended.

Room Tip: Use Premier Inns