“Stay at Port Solent Premier”

Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very friendly service, good food, comfy room.
The hotel was very close to the local station & to the relatives we were visiting. We also took advantage of the meal deal which is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I needed a hotel close to Portsmouth Ferry Terminal as we had to check in by 8.00 am and this hotel fitted the bill exactly. The room was very comfortable and the bed was firm, which was good as I have a bad back! Unfortunately we did not have breakfast, but have been told by friends that it is usually very good

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

For £29 a night this stay was excellent value for money. The room was clean and modern with everything you would need for a short stay. The heating could have been a little more effective but the room wasn't cold. Staff were helpful and a good nights sleep was had by all. We could have done with a little extra storage for clothing as there are no drawers and there is only a shower for those who prefer a bath. Breakfast is buffet style with a good selection, perhaps food could have been replenished a little quicker but it was a busy weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank L1oydee
Reviewed 10 February 2014

good clean friendly staff hotel, not far from outlets with food. done on offer so very inexpensive. didnt eat here as thought £8 for breakfast a bit steep.Had been visiting Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stay in Premier Inns on a very regular basis with work and have to say I am always impressed with the hotels and facility's for the price.

However, when I arrived at the Premier Inn Port Solent I was surprised to find the car park an unpaved field of mud and water, I could forgive them if this was a newly opened hotel, but it's not. And it's not the first time I have seen it like this. Half the car park is good, the other half is terrible, why not have a paved car park that is fit for the size of the hotel.

After parking my car I had walk through loads of mud which I don't think is acceptable for a hotel chain that markets itself as a business hotel. After getting to my room I thought about cleaning my muddy shoes up but to be honest there was no point because I had to walk through it all again in the morning to get back to my car!

Will defiantly avoid this hotel in future, or until they finish / extend the car park.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SophieA2012
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed one night in a family/quad room. Room was clean and tidy no problems. Kids loved the beds and the breakfast buffet, I had an omelette and it was delicious. We would definitely stay again if we Gsd the need to.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel many of times since 2008, it was previously the tulip hotel and it's fantastic, the staff are always friendly and make you feel welcome, the cleanliness is to my standard (which are very high), the beds are top quality and the showers are fantastic.

The private parking is always a bonus.

I've always booked this premier inn when I'm in Portsmouth,, it's worth every penny and the restaurant is to a good standard.

Stayed: March 2013