“Brilliant double act, Mitch & Laura ”

Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We use premier inn all the time as you know what your going to get, and this one was no different!! It was easy to find on the main road with plenty of parking. When arriving we thought we'd try our luck as we were early, 12pm, but our room wasn't ready, after being told this by the receptionist Laura, we took a seat and she offered us a cup of tea which was just what the doctor ordered, when approaching us with the tea in hand she informed us she had been able to swop some rooms around and we could check in when we were ready. Smooth, professional check in as always but it felt more personal to us and made us feel at home. We went up to the room which was absolutely spotless and with tea and coffee facilities, really loved the room! We didn't eat in the restaurant but we spent the evening in the bar, very civilized and modern. This is were we met Mitch, he helped us choose a wine and was lovely and knew what he was talking about, very helpful!! As the evening went on Mitch and Laura were working together helping each other and they were very entertaining, chatting away to us and everyone at the bar and reception, both have very warm personalities and a great sense of humor, smiling all the time, especially Laura as she had been working from 7am Untill 11pm......they were both working in the morning too. Both a credit to the company and portsolent it self, hold on the this pair as you'd be lost without them, totally made our stay and helped everyone without fail with any issues. We will be staying again, no question about it! Room 102

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Greengiant82

Reviewed 21 August 2014

As usual for a Premier Inn booking, I telephoned the hotel a week before our visit to check that we would be able to get a room that a wheelchair can access, not necessarily a disabled room, just one without steps.
After many times of trying calling, I eventually got through to a Polish gentleman who couldn't help but took my number for someone to return my call. The callnever came.
So a few days before travel, I rang repeadedly for about half an hour, re-dialling everytime it was either engaged or went to its recorded message that just hangs up on you. It was about 40 minutes before I got through but when I did, the person on the other end was very helpful explaining that they had a lift so every room was reachable in a wheelchair. Also, I checked the breakfast times as we had an early ferry and thankfully, breakfast started at 6:30am.

A couple of days beforehand, I got an e-mail offering me the change to check-in online which is something I like to do to save time. I tried this (it was a Sunday) but got an error message something about CNP authorisation when trying to pay with my Premier Inn business card.
I tried again but it locked me out for 20 minutes so I tried again several times later.
In the end, I gave up and left a message through their customer service feedback system.
On Monday, I got a call from a very pleasant young lady who tried to sort things for me.
Sadly, after over an hour on the phone and trying everything several times, I think she gave up too and guessed there must be a problem and advised me just to check in on arrival.

Once we arrived on the Tuesday, check-in was pretty easy although all the messing the day before had ended p adding a third meal deal to the booking when there were only two adults. I had to ask for this to be removed manually which was done very efficiently.

Our room was big, plenty of space but quite a different layout to other Premier Inns. The toilet and shower were behind a sliding door but plenty of room and just outside, a sink and mirror. Different but fine.
There was a tray with brewing up equipment and of course the every so comfy Premier Inn bed & bedding.

We were on the main road side of the building but slept soundly.

Up early at 05:45 and down for breakfast. This is one of those hotels where there is a buffet to help yourself rather than a waitress take your order for the cooked part of the breakfast. Everything was greatapart from it took 4 passes through the toaster for my bread to become crispy (still not brown)

The staff were lovely and the location excellent for our Ferry Port literally 7 minutes drive away.

If visiting this area again, I would certainly re-visit this hotel

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Friendly staff, convenient location for ferry travel and nice family room.
Lousy dinner service- 2 hours for 2 courses!! Very stressful experience
Go to Pizza Hut across the way or anywhere but here to eat

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wonderful hotel ,we have stayed there loads of times ,in fact we are staying there next month . they are very child friendly, friendly over all , the only thing stopping them getting 5 stars is the air-conditioning, which can be a bit hit and miss...

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here once before and knew how close it was when catching a ferry, as we were off to France we thought we would stay again! It was just as brilliant as the last time, we had dinner in the restaurant and although it was busy and wait on food, the food was really good, couldn't fault it!! The only down side is out ferry was too early and couldn't have breakfast so maybe start breakfast earlier at the weekend to accommodate people how are getting the ferry. Laura on reception was exceptional, very accommodating and made us feel very welcome. She was on her own on the desk and handled every situation thrown at her very well.... Spot on! Thank you, we will be staying here again in the near future, possibly on the way back from France.....see you soon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We were met by a nice recepsjonist when we arrived at midnight. The room was clean and big with bathrobe for the adults. The kid got a cookie with his name written on it, and there were milk in the fridge. Large and small towels, shampoo and soap. The hotel has a in door swimming pool and exercise room, different kinds of spa treatments, nice personnel. Breakfast was expensive, and the were no kontinental breakfast. Not too happy about the food served in the restaurant either - the kids burger dry and burned, but there is a nearby pub that we did not try out.
There were easy access to main roads, 10 minutes drive to Portsmouth. This hotel had quite surroundings. Recommended!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for one night on way to Isle of Wight . The rooms are lovely clean but sooooooo hot and the air conditioning wasn't,t working the window only opened a tiny bit but it was on a busy road anyway. We asked if we needed to book for a evening meal ... No we told so we went to the restaurant when it opened at 6 to be told sorry we couldn't be seated until 7 as we had 2 small children this was too late!!! We explained we were told we didn,t have to book the manager said the best he could do was to sit us the bar area which was where we ended up we then waited 50 minutes for the meal!!!!!!!! Was it worth the wait .... NO

Room Tip: Take a fan with you and book in the restaurant regardless of what the receptionist says better still...