“Best Fajitas I've Ever Eaten”
Review of Porters

Porters
Ranked #163 of 731 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Porters is currently my go to restaurant. If someone asks me to recommend somewhere, I'll usually suggest Porters because the food is that good. Granted I order the same thing every time - Halloumi Fajitas - but when they taste that amazing, why bother getting anything else. Seriously, these bad boys are pilled up high on a skillet, and there's a separate plate filled with toppings and cheese. The only thing I get a little disappointed with is the size of the tortillas, but that's because I'm greedy and want to eat EVERYTHING. I'd say it's a little expensive for pub grub, but you get a lot for your money. Drinks are pretty average - though they do have two for one cocktails on a Tuesday.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Porters is a place we like to visit whenever we go to Southsea, Albert Road is one our favourite places, quirky, a bit bohemian and just 'out there'- the beer is always good, as it was today, my partners halloumi wrap was fine if not quite as expected, my paella however was stodgy, bits of shell in it, mussels over cooked and very unappetising ......... It won't stop us from going there as we like the place - just a bit disappointed

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Plus points - affordable, good value, well-cooked pub food with a Mexican twist in a good Southsea location; friendly staff and a good atmosphere. The downside is that if you go during daylight hours you really notice just how grubby the decor is and the toilets are grim and smelly. Considering the competition in the area I think a bit of re-plastering and a lick of paint in a few places coupled with a the services of a good plumber would certainly help make the experience for the diner more memorable.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Great service. Great food. Always good value and warm, friendly service. Unique decor - always something to call ch your eye. Come along, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Popped in for lunch while working in the area. Menu looked good- opted for the tuna jacket potato. Food came promptly but the coleslaw and tuna mayo were drowning in lashings of mayo, waaaaaay too much, actually had to leave a lot of it. And it tasted a bit cheap- like it wasn't a Hellmans/Heinz. Also ordered onion rings, which were £3.50, admittedly you got a lot but were just bog std cheap Iceland style onion rings- was hoping for a bit more based on the reviews- maybe I should have gone with something Mexican if this is what they do best. Unfortunately I wouldn't risk a return visit.