“Great food however ???”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Portions small & service slow other than that best curry and presentation around, nice calm lighting and very clean restaurant in a busy area of Albert Road, love that you can bring your own wine.

1  Thank bigbearPortsmouth

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My partner and I ate there a couple of weeks ago and I promised the waiter I'd write a review about this restaurant as the foo was so delicious.
So here it is: The restaurant is well situated on the lively Albert Road, it is pleasant and simply furnished and decorated. Very pleasant atmosphere with soft background music.The waiters were very attentive and friendly. My partner ate the Chicken Biryani which he said was excellent. I had a vegetarian dish made with spinach (sadly I can't remember its name), which was delicious. The vegetables were not overcooked and the sauce seemed to have been prepared without the usual thickeners which are often used in curry dishes. The portions were more than adequate. Would definitely recommend it who likes Bangladeshi and Indian food!

3  Thank J0sephine59
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Coriander Indian restaurant for dinner with a friend. Meat served at this restaurant is halal. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly Bengali waiter.

Restaurant decor is very simple. Tables are covered with simple white table cloths.

We ate the Lamb Korhai and Chicken Achari. We had the curry with a garlic naan, a plain naan and white rice. The meat of both the lamb and chicken was succulent and moist. The Lamb Korhai was served with a spicy sauce with peppers and the Achari Chicken sauce was creamy.

All food was freshly cooked from scratch, so there was a little bit of a wait for the food. The food price was reasonable.

I would recommend stopping by. The curries served here are one of the best in Portsmouth.

2  Thank Selina C
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We found this firstly as a takeaway then went to the restaurant and found the food exceptional! Considering that Portsmouth is a culinary desert, coriander is an oasis of taste and delight.

The staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough to make sure we enjoyed our evening, another plus point is that you can take your own wine etc too. I really cannot rate this highly enough and I'm a hard woman to please! If you want fresh beautiful food and happy smiling faces then you should order from this delightful establishment :)

2  Thank Martinefitchetthunt
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nice food. 5 of us arrived at 8:30, ordered popadoms and it took them until 9:15 despite asking several times for them to take our orders! Food arrived an hr later! Nice, good value but I really don't want to eat at 10:15 having arrived at 8:30?? Slow service was an understatement!

1  Thank Emma W