All reviews brewers fayre fun fair isle of wight car park clarence pier sea front attached restaurant meal deal sea view free parking historic dockyard lady on reception good nights sleep min walk short break family room would stay again
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

The car park is under the hotel and could well be too small, but I found a space without a problem. The room was fine, breakfast excellent as usual and the bar was handy after an evening's work. Literally two minutes from the Ryde hovercraft and ten minutes to walk to Old Portsmouth.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Was unable to book a room with twin beds as all that was offered was the number of people staying. As such on arrival we were allocated a room with a double bed. As I was travelling with my son it meant I spent the night on the couch. Also the parking was a joke a 48 bed hotel in a coastal tourist city with not enough car parking really isn't on for a hotel supposedly for business users. Due to inadequate parking our expensive car ended up on the street a mile away, and then as the city wound down we managed to move it closer over three attempts until it was on the street nearby. As the street had parking restrictions that came into place at 8am any chance of a lie in was lost as we had to dive out to pay for another expensive ticket. Overall our £113 overnight stay cost closer to £125. As such, technically I paid £125 to sleep on a couch for a night.

Your advert promises a goodnight after a hectic day. Not if you're sleeping on a couch, stressed about your car and getting ready to rush out at dawn to avoid a parking ticket.
I understand that parking can be an issue but for £113 a night how about a pass for reserved places in the local car park or something, that's what my firm does at our HQ. As to the room, I'm sure it could have been sorted but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. You should be able to check availability and book the room you want before you leave not have to sort it out when you get there.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Services at Premier Inn Southsea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear Mr Lovelock

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay.

I can confirm that you're able to select a twin room if available during the booking process, once you've changed the adults to '2', the website will select a double room however when you click the arrow down you're able to select a twin room.

We try to offer car parking when possible for our guests however sometimes this will be limited due to the location of the hotel and the space we have. This information is given on our website so that our guests are aware of the limited car parking before they choose to confirm their booking.

I apologise for the disappointment caused and can confirm your comments will be taken on board.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Elaine King
Premier Inn Team

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Great value for money. Great bar with superb food and service
Although connected with a large pub, not to far to go to eat excellent breakfast with a wide selection of items and as much as you wanted, but far away that you could not hear any noise from the pub itself.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms as pretty standard layout
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Lovely stay, comfortable bed, great staff! The icing on the cake was when Kim went above and beyond to retrieve a scarf that I'd left in the playground opposite the hotel and sent it onto us!! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 25 April 2016

It's OK but that's all really, just OK.
Parking is under the hotel and a bit cramped, not enough spaces if the hotel is full.
Seafront location is ideal for ferries or hovercraft to the IOW, very short walk to hovercraft or 5 min drive to car ferry.
I stayed on a Sunday night. PI's are usually cheaper on Sundays but I thought £56.50 was quite expensive for this one.
It's starting to look a bit shabby and in need of an upgrade as is the pub next to it.
C'Mon Premier Inn, you need to do better !

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo