“A bit expensive for what it is”
Review of Spinnaker Tower

Spinnaker Tower
Book In Advance
More Info
US$12.20*
and up
Emirates Spinnaker Tower Portsmouth Entrance...
Ranked #8 of 128 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was a spur of the moment visit as we had gone to Southsea for the DDay 70th anniversary. It is quite expensive to visit at £8.95 per person but the staff are friendly and helpful. Apparently I dropped a £10 note whilst I was paying the entry amount and after checking CCTV a staff member looked for us, found us and returned the money. Not too many places that would bother to do that so full marks for customer service. The lift operatives are very informative also. The strange thing with this tower is the wow factor when you get off the lift at level one but as you go to levels 2,3 and 4 it doesn't appear to get any higher??

TheSpinnakerTower, General Manager at Spinnaker Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. My team remember your visit clearly and were happy to be able to help in returning your dropped money. I’m very happy to see that you found the staff so helpful throughout the tower. The distance between the levels is 5 metres so although the height difference is not great, there is something different on each level to enjoy. I hope to welcome you back to the Spinnaker Tower again soon.

Sarah Webb, general manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,399)
All reviews
in 42 reviews
"historic dockyard"
in 91 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Something that has to be done, walking across the glass platform !! Even if you don't like heights (which I don't) But you've gone all that way up, just shut your eyes and walk across. The views are fantastic, and well worth the queue to get up there.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. I’m pleased to see you enjoyed your visit to the Spinnaker Tower and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We visited on Sun the 8th June and enjoyed lovely weather, we spend some time on viewing platform 1 enjoying the beautiful view! The staff were very friendly especially the gentleman who looked after visitors in the lift. He's friendly smile and sense of humour deserve recognition!

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I’m pleased to read that you found our staff so helpful – I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the lift guide. I hope to welcome you back to the Spinnaker Tower again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I enjoyed the views from the top, and took some lovely photos. You get a great panoramic view of Portsmouth. However, I did feel that the entry fee was a little on the expensive side, and they take a photograph of you before you go in (and then try to get you to buy that photograph as a keyring or something else on your way out).

1  Thank Mizliot

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to the Spinnaker Tower. However, I am disappointed to see that you found the fee slightly expensive. We do price the attraction in line with similar offers in the UK and also with competing attractions in the local area. The souvenir photo is always an optional extra – I apologise if this was not made clear on the day of your visit. I hope you’ll consider making a return visit to Spinnaker Tower again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We bought this as a gift (voucher). The food served was small and disappointing.

If you want a good value tea in Portsmouth go to the tenth-hole.

1  Thank Tevez H

Thank you for your feedback. It is always disappointing to read a review like this. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your high tea and found it small and disappointing. I know that buying the tea for a gift would only have exacerbated your disappointment on hearing back from the recipient that they did not enjoy it. The price of the high tea includes a selection of sandwiches, scones with cream and jam and pastries as well as unlimited tea and coffee. It also includes admission to the Spinnaker Tower. We are currently reviewing the high tea selection to directly address your comments and investigate how we can improve the offer. It is important that we receive honest feedback in order to deliver the best guest experience so thank you for taking the time to leave this review.