“Delicious food and lovely people!”
Review of Delicatessen Too

Delicatessen Too
Ranked #94 of 673 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I go here as a lunch time treat. The choice of food is good (ranging from baguettes and wraps to home made lasagne and pasta and sauce) and is sold at a good price- £3 for a generously filled baguette and salad or a large portion of pasta and sauce. The staff are lovely and always make you feel welcome. The home made food, care taken with serving it and the low cost has made this my favourite place to buy lunch from! I strongly recommend for a delicious lunch.

1  Thank pistachionow
There are newer reviews for Delicatessen Too

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I saw deli too on here so me and my partner gave it a go for lunch and wasn't dissapointed. Lovely food with a great service, staff were friendly and made us feel welcome! would recomend the brownie, lovely.

1  Thank Carly C
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I am always keen to try out new places in Portsmouth and am a prolific diner, due to this I like to keep note of the reviews on trip adviser, as well as the scores. I noticed a while back that Deli' Too was #1 so decided, when in town, to give it a go.

Now, to give some context, due to my passion for food I was I have been to most of the high ranking restaurants trip adviser advises. Therefore, I have been to Barnabys, Churchills, Angry Allys and, of course, Restaurant 27. Although these restaurants are different in ways they have all, in my mind, been worthy of their score. Due to this I expected somthing of that caliber with Deli' Too. Sad to say I was disappointed.

Although the it was 'okay' it was not at all what it seemed to be. By all means, if I was going to have a sandwich or sub I would choose it above say Subway and it would surpass that. I just question it being above such as previously stated.

The food was okay, the service was okay but nothing like the fine dining and amazing food that it was claiming to beat. For the price and a bite to eat I would say yes but if i was looking for amazing food and a brilliant evening then I would not choose to go again. I would sooner choose Delaneys for good fast food and a good price.

Thank you for the experience.

14  Thank Food L
Pompeymackem, Owner at Delicatessen Too, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you felt our food wasn't up to the standard of the top restaurants in Portsmouth. We have never claimed to be a 'fine dining' restaurant. We are a small independent family run sandwich shop.

If you can tell me what you ate and what you think we could change I would like to hear it, there's always room for improvement.

Email me at delitoo@hotmail.co.uk

Ben Fanciulli

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Is a nice little place with some great options for breakfast or a quick snack.

The food is good, honest, tasty and ok for the price.

The place looks clean, the staff is very friendly and location is easy to find.

They also offer some nice meal deals.

3  Thank GabiGus
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I'd spotted Deli Too a couple of times but only popped in more recently and I must say I'm so impressed at what I found.
The ambience itself is wonderful - it's comfortable and the staff make you feel so welcome and they accommodate to what you need/want. I usually feel awkward ordering at other sandwich bars or restaurants and wouldn't dare go on my own but Deli Too is perfect for this - they have time for their customers and make you feel extremely welcome.

Now, onto the food! There are so many choices every day - all fresh and homecooked. I was a little worried that, as I'm trying to watch what I eat, there wouldn't be many healthy options but low and behold there were plenty! And so well priced as well!

I'll definitely be recommending it to all of my friends and expect me back very soon

1  Thank Raechelle J