“A very good beach cafe, good cooking and a wide choice of good food.”

Southsea Beach Cafe
Ranked #55 of 731 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Amazingly good choice of well cooked and imaginative food with friendly service in quite a plain café. However, the prices are good the menu including today a 7 ounce steak with trimmings, or roast hake with sag aloo and curry sauce show imagination. My golden& purple salad with feta cheese was good as was my flat white coffee. My granddaughters enjoyed their pulled pork with pancakes and roasted vegetables, my daughter and wife enjoyed the fishcakes with salad and mini pancakes. Apple juice, smoothies, milk shakes etc all very good and service was helpful, friendly and unobtrusive. Do NOT be put off by the plain exterior.

1  Thank DAVIDMS20050
Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Great little breakfast place right on the beach. Fresh orange juice available (£3.50) but check out the French toast - it’s massive and will give you your calories for the day!!

Staff pleasant - toilets available.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

After a lovely walk from Old Portsmouth to Southsea, we stopped of at the stylish, well- positioned Beach Cafe for our reward... and it was indeed a super rewarding lunch. The menu is very tempting with a good range of choices plus a special of the day. Good to see healthy options as well as mouth-watering beautifully cooked favourites such as fish and chips. The pulled pork tacos as delicious, light yet filling. The Earl Grey and lemon drizzle cake for afters was a delight - yummy. We chose the cafe because it is doggy friendly with a whole section of the cafe allocated for dog walkers. They are given a bowl of water without even having to all and treats such as doggy ice cream are available. As the cafe is right on the beach the location is ideal. Staff were very friendly, efficient and great at recommending choices to suit you. I didn't need dinner that night... Just a light supper. Great venue, highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I travelled from Brighton to Portsmouth today to spend time with other family. We decided to come to this cafe due to it's amazing restaurant type feeling and also to enjoy the view. We were greeted by a lovely, bubbly young Lady who never failed to make us laugh and smile yet still keep a professional attitude towards her job. She continued to look after us for our entire meal and I have to give credit to her as she made our visit one to remember. Our reciept says we were served by Courtney but just to make sure it was the young girl with the ponytail and brown hair. Thank you south sea beach cafe for a WONDERFUL experience

Candice x

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Wow! First time visit to Portsmouth for my friends wedding, the reception was held at this beautiful venue. The staff were friendly and efficient and made lovely cocktails. My friend booked a live band which added a really special touch. Watching the waves on the beach though the large windows whilst drinking cocktails and chatting to friends is a memory we will treasure. Great location with delicious food five star.