“I'd definately reccomend this excellent B&B in southsea....”

Everley Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Everley Guest House
Ranked #13 of 34 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“I'd definately reccomend this excellent B&B in southsea....”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I've stayed here twice recently, once for a job interview, and then to flat hunt whilst relocating to portsmouth. I'd definately recommend this guest house. The owners are very friendly, cheery and helpful. The room itself was very nice, with a very comfy double bed, freeview tv, and pristine ensuite bathroom.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank richjhuk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We stayed here for one night, the owner was very helpful and makes the guest house what it is. It was a 30min walk along the sea front to hms victory and where all the chain restaurants and shops are. The room was clean and you could borrow an iron and board if needed. The breakfast was good and there is free parking on the street.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank muuummmmm
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2010

It was actually 2nd time we visited this guest house and it was really nice, rooms are clean, location very good, owners very friendly and breakfast simply big & tasty. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elnino80
Province of Trento, Italy
Reviewed 11 December 2009

I've stayed here for 2 nights, we were 2 couples in 2 double en-suite bedrooms. My room was tiny but very clean, the small bathroom was new and spotless; the other room was bigger, but with the basin near the bed. Our view wasn't very nice (on the back courtyard), but the room was quiet; the other one had a bay-window overlooking Festing road, which in the night it is quiet as well.
Breakfast was good, generous and with plenty of choice, even for vegetarians.
Location is fine for Southsea: quiet, near Albert road for restaurants and pubs; near to the seafront for beach lovers and sea walks; at a walking distance (about 20-25 minutes) from Gunwharf Quays and Old Portsmouth; near to bus stops.
The best thing was the owners' kindness (especially the man's): service was excellent, very helpful and smiley.
My room could have been a bit bigger, but it was not so important since we just needed a nice, clean and comfortable place as a basis to visit Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight.
I would definitely come back here and recommend it to someone looking for a basic, clean and nice accommodation with a good value for money (especially if compared to other more expensive o similar costing but not as good solutions).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank foriska
Berlin
Reviewed 4 June 2009

This B&B was not the best that we stayed at on our trip, but it was cosy, the breakfast was good and the proprietors were friendly and made us feel comfortable. Its close to the water, restaurants a few supermarkets, but a bit of a walk to the main sights. Still, it was only 48 GBP per night.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
London, UK
Reviewed 11 September 2008

I booked this B&B with trepidation as the only other review (apart from Tripadvisor) had mentioned a shower cubicle stuck in the corner of the room!
However, me and my boyfriend were after a cheap B&B for just one night, so decided to go for it.

I booked direct with the owners and they were extremely helpful over the phone. When we got there I was relieved at how nice the B&B was.
Everything was a bit dated and tired but it was extremely clean. I had booked a double so was suprised when we got shown into a large triple room. There was a large double bed and a large single bed, big wardrobe (with loads of hngers), 2 chest of drawers, small TV and a few chairs. In the corner was a small en suite with a fantastically strong power shower. There were also plenty of soft towels for us to use.
The choice for breakfast was great as well. Choice of 5 or 6 cereals, yoghurt, fruit, full fry up & nice fresh coffee. What was even more unexpected was the choice for veggies - they had veggie sausage and veggie rashers as an option, which I have never seen before at a B&B!

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Everley - clean, cheap (£45 a night), helpful owners and great brekkie choice.

• Liked — Great value and breakfast choice for vegetarians
  • Disliked — Dated decor.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
spain
Reviewed 22 October 2007

I live in Spain but travel around quite a bit.I was visiting Portsmouth to see sme friends & then going on to France. I booked online with this guest house for 2 nights & for a single room.Often as a single person you get a tiny room at an expensive fee but this was certainly an exception.The owners were very friendly & helpful & the breakfast was excellent.No wonder they are busy.

2 Thank cecilyspain