“loved it !”

Everley Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Everley Guest House
Ranked #13 of 34 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a lovely b&b ! My boyfriend and I stayed Two nights and we had a fabulous time ! I had to check in very quickly as I was on a tight time frame but the it wasn't a problem and Steve was understanding and very welcoming !
Breakfast was perfect with a very friendly greeting, we had full English both nights and we couldn't find any faults, very good quality food also.
Its location is great, near the beach, shops and restaurants.
The room was clean, tidy and a good size with a nice ensuite shower room.
We will definitely be staying here again.
If you're looking for a good price place to stay with good service and food then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Georgie D

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Contrary to the previous review I thoroughly enjoyed my recent 5 night stay at the Everley. Claire and Steve were very pleasant, kind and considerate. Breakfast was great and my single en-suite, whilst compact, was spotless and represented excellent value for money in my opinion.
Thank you both for a comfortable home from home experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank FalmouthTony
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Cold reception on walking through the door after a very long days work at st marys hospital. First communication was barely a 'hi' but 'your paying upfront arent you' by I believe claire. Second issue. ..breakfast...working early and long hours I always pay but never get breakfast. ..so I made a polite request to suggest maybe putting something in a take away format for 7-30 at the given time of breakfast starting. ..to which I got a stern face and a 'so you want it ready at 7-30!' I asked if that was ok and barely got a response. Thirdly having travelled since 4-30am to work that morning I immediately fell asleep. Awoke just before midnight and being too late to get anything quietly went into the breakfast room and filled a small cup amount of dry cereal...to which claire walked in.. said 'no I dont think so..have breakfast at the same time as anyone else'...which is ironic...and removed it from my hand complaining I was awake as she had been in bed for two hours and everybody should be in bed at this hour.
The gentleman on the phone appeared lovely when I made the booking and planned for a weekly booking for a few months as agreed during the week for work. I will cancel and leave tomorrow. I wonder if I get breakfast at 7-30 before I set off for work. Sorry to say The most shocking place I have ever stayed! Good luck to anyone that would want to stay and go out for a drink and get in at midnight...you may find her waiting for you at the door!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Dellafrench82
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed there for a night with a friend as we were going to a concert at Portsmouth Pyramids. We we were both immensely impressed! Very friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms which were very clean and a brilliant breakfast in the morning.

One thing to say, there isn't that much room in the twin bedroom but as we didn't spend that much time there, it was fine.

All round great place- highly recommended and will certainly be using again if I need a place to stay in Portsmouth!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Just got home from spending a two night stay at this Bed and Breakfast Guest house,we had a good welcome as other people have said. there were no problems with our room other than ,as the weather was changing our room felt a little chilled ,But as soon as we mentioned this to the owner,we had a hot air fan the same night,
The breakfast was first class we got what we asked for no problems there,
All rooms were kept very clean just could do with some updating which other people have said,
i would have no problem returning to the Everley,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 27 August 2013

just what i needed for a short stay. Breakfasts were lovely all you need. My room had a shower in it even though it was small just enough for 1 person. The owners couldn't do enough for me as I am disabled that was a great help

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank scotia2
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have just spent two nights at the Everley Guest House. This was my third stay there although the last one was about 18 years ago. Claire and Steve have only been in the house around 10 years but the good standards they provided more than justified my reasons for going back there again.

I had a family room (even though I was staying there alone) and the cost for bed and breakfast was more than reasonable and worth every penny. It's in such a great location too. Only 400 metres from the historic sea front with a beautiful canoe lake, well kept gardens and pier. At the other end of the street, perhaps 100 meters away, is Albert road, where you can find all the shopping facilities you need as well as a good variety of multi-national restaurants and fast food outlets.

The rooms at the Everley are a little dated but don't let that put you off. They are clean and well maintained and you couldn't wish for better hospitality. The full English breakfast was well cooked and piping hot and as a short stay base in the heart of an historic and fascinating location I would recommend the Everley every time.

Room Tip: A great location to begin your explorations of a beautiful and historic city.