“Superb Spanish Goodness!”

La Tasca Portsmouth
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Superb Spanish Goodness!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

There was an incredible selection to choose from including lots of gluten free options so everyone in the party was happy and got what they wanted. The paella was exceptionally tasty and well worth the wait. Excellent food and aeecixe! Highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Latasca2014, Manager at La Tasca Portsmouth, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hola, Thanks so much for you comments and great feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a fab visit with us. We hope you come back to visit us soon. Gracias Amigos!

Gosport, United Kingdom
“loyalty card”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have been to la tasca many times but the day I went was a busy one for me, so had my meal and drinks with a friend ,and very nice it was too. But as I stated it was one of those days. So after my meal I paid but forgot to give my la tasca card in saving me 20%. Would it not be a good idea when customers pay, to ask if they have a loyalty card? like supermarkets do . Other than that I have no problem.

1 Thank James C
Hola, Thankyou for your feedback - we do appreciate all comments we recieve. We hope to see you soon. Gracias
Woking, United Kingdom
“the perfect meal!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

wonderful food, great setting, brilliant waiter (Marcus) - what more could you ask for? It was the perfect meal as far we were concerned - took our daughter for her 16th birthday with a couple of her friends and the food as ever was brilliant - loads of choice, well cooked and well presented, the bonus for us was the waiter who kept us entertained throughout and was probably one of the best waiters we've had in recent memory - he definitely went the extra mile!

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Hola, Thanks for your feedback and comments. We will be sure to pass your comments to Marcus when we see him. We do hope to see you again. Gracias
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“What went wrong”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family have been to this restaurant many times and until my last visit I found it to be nothing but excellent.
If you would like to know why my number is 01462 423115

Thank god you have a good manager.

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Hola, Thankyou for your feedback, someone will be in touch soon. Gracias
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Muy bueno.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As a person with a passion for everything spanish from the football to the food and everything in between, La Tasca is the obvious choice for somewhere to eat when in Gunwharf Quays, or Portsmouth in general.

We have visited La Tasca on many occasions and it never disappoints. We even have travelled from Southampton to Portsmouth just for the pleasure of eating there.

The food, despite not being quite authentic Spanish tapas- rather the flavours of Spain attuned for the British tongue, is simply amazing.

The servers are always helpful and quick to seat you despite being a little too quick at times are always enthusiastic and happy to help; the manager (or who I assume is the manager) has been there on several occasions getting stuck in and helping the staff.

My personal recommendations are the patatas bravas con queso (always grande!), chorizo, tortilla and of course the unforgettable pescado blanco frito with san miguel batter.

Their sangria is fantastic and there is a great choice of spanish red. The skinny sangria tastes just like normal sangria with much less calories (due to a secret ingredient- which seems to be a hint of vodka; but that is just a guess).

All in all, one of my favourite eateries on the south coast and the first consideration for a meal in Portsmouth. The 20% discount on food they're offering is just the icing on the cake.

• Visited June 2014
Hola, We would just like to thankyou for your amazing comments. We are so glad to hear of your visits, and we do hope to see you again pretty soon. Gracias Amigos!