“Almost perfect! ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rosie's Vineyard
Ranked #61 of 634 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We were part of a group booking therefore sat in the private conservatory & had a beautiful terrace to ourselves. The food was outstanding, the beef Wellington in particular! Staff throughout the meal were excellent.

The only downside was they started to pack up and move our bags to one table etc because they wanted to close, yet our bill hadn't even been settled! For the money spent by our group of 30 people, it would have been much more appreciated if they had settled our bill and then explained they had to pack up, maybe suggesting we say our goodbyes on the terrace, out of their way.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Jazz night fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I love the jazz nights on a Friday they set the tone and setup for a good meal. Little crammed in but food always been great. Not many sweet wines thou.

Southampton
“Wedding Deposit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say...?? I was supposed to have my wedding reception at Rosie's wine bar on the 30.05.2015! We paid the non refundable deposit of £200, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we no longer require this venue. I fully understand the meaning of "non refundable" but giving over 10 months notice, I would at least consider giving £100 back, I can't imagine that in the next 10 MONTHS there will be no enquiries or bookings. Weddings are very expensive and to lose £200 this way is horrible! It's a shame because I really liked Rosie's up until now! Be warned the manager who deals with weddings is very unforgiving!!

6 Thank Icklepickle81
gosport
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have eaten here regularly for years. Love the ambience, food, wine, service.
Jazz on Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons are great. Perfect for just a drink at the bar too.
The food is delicious as is the wine!
I would thoroughly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Raving about Rosie's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

First time at Rosie's, the food is of excellent quality the Scallops amazing, as is everything on the Menu. There is not an extensive choice but what they do they do very very well!!!
The staff are friendly and professional and the atmosphere is relaxed with a live Jazz band on Friday and Saturday nights. I will be visiting Rosie's every time I am in Portsmouth in the future.

• Visited June 2014