“FAULTLESS MEAL”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“FAULTLESS MEAL”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Another great meal at Barnards, hadn't eaten here for about 1 year but were not disappointed.
The food was fabulous, service great & lovely atmosphere. Will definitely not leave it so long next time

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch review”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Went to Barnards yesterday for lunch. We go there once every three months with friends and we are never disappointed. There is a limited menu but everything is served beautifully on the plate and very hot and also with a smile. There are always quite few people in there, mainly local. The restaurant is open for business at 9.30am and locals go in there for breakfast or just a cup of coffee and a chat and perhaps to read a newspaper. Evenings are also very popular. In the nice weather there are also tables and chairs outside which are very much used in the summer months. I would recommend this restaurant. It is family run.

• Visited April 2014
Waterlooville UK
“What a steak!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Sorry for the delay in the review, I am still though raving about the steak. We hadn't been to Barnards for a few years and glad to see it has not changed its quality of food and service. I ordered the fillet steak and as usual asked for it blue. As you may see from other reviews this can be a bit dodgy as unless you have a good chef and restaurant they can come out as anything from still frozen in the middle to medium to well done. I needn't have worried, the steak was cooked to perfection with temperature and by god it was like butter in the mouth. We were a party of 6 and we all left wanting more and we will be returning.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank PeteandJen
“Couldn't fault it”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had a family celebration and wanted somewhere a bit special to suit from 9 to 80. Couldn't fault it - something to please everyone. There is no childrens menu in the evening but I went and preordered for a pretty fussy 9 year old niece and selected from the lunchtime childrens menu. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and went out of their way to make the surprise meal special, Food was excellent - I had the mussels followed by confit of duck. The small desserts with coffee were just what was needed after the meal. I was pleasantly surprised by the bill! Have been before and will definitely be going back.

• Visited March 2014
“Special occasion meal”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

As it was my birthday, my husband booked a table. We hadn't been there for a year or so, as previous, much as we think the meals are excellent, the was always a lack of atmosphere and ambiance (bit like eating in a library!). However, this was a Saturday evening and the was a really good buzz about the place. The age group was varied and groups were chatty without being overly loud. I had soup for starter which was delicious and my husband and I both had fillet steak and chips, which was perfectly cooked. Dessert was a coffee and a small version of a dessert, which was plenty. My only reservation on this restaurant is that I think it's a little overpriced, but at least these days they've stopped charging for 'sides' and you do get a full meal for the price. Waitress service was excellent, although not as 'silver service' as it used to be

Visited February 2014