“Going DOWNHILL fast!!!!”

Tang's Chinese Cuisine Restaurant
Ranked #340 of 645 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Going DOWNHILL fast!!!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We moved to the area 18 months ago and used to use this takeaway practically every week and loved it. NOT ANYMORE!! The food is now like eating leftovers. The food is always re-heated and not cooked fresh. the chow mein is greasy and prawns dry and not enjoyable. Not sure if it has hanged hands recently but the very friendly lady who used to know our order as soon as we walked in has gone...as has the quality of food :(

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Pamela K

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My girlfriend and I were recommended this restaurant by our hotel and were not disappointed. the food was so beautifully cooked and tasted so good, I would definitely return again.

Visited September 2013
“Saturday night”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Walked past many times and final got around to a visit. Very nice and polite staff. Food was good quality and tasted excellent. It was a bit quite for a Saturday night but its holiday season. Enjoyed our visit but mostly on the average side of Chinese restaurants in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Good but could do better”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We visited this restaurant as a party of 12 friends on a saturday night. I love Chinese food, but wonder why there are less chinese restaurants in Portsmouth than 10 years ago. Maybe people prefer take away, but I prefer the freshness of just cooked food, rather than stewing in a plastic container.

We decided on the set dinner. There were about 12 starters of which our party could choose 10. They consisted of favourites such as seaweed, squid, prawn toast etc. It was presented nicely and service was prompt. Next course was either crispy duck, lamb or a soup. We chose the duck, which was plentiful but I would have preferred it to be stripped from the bone in front of me, rather than already shredded. Perhaps it could have been bought that way pre packed. I suspect so.

Main course we chose one each and an assortment of rices, noodles, and vegetarian dishes were well catered for. Plenty of king prawn dishes too which was good.

I like to take my time with my food, and unfortunately warming plates are not provided, so the food tends to go cold before you can finish it. A simple thing that would improve the experience.

All in good value, nice staff, some a little lacking in english speaking but very pleasant.

• Visited August 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Far East in the Far West”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The food is excellent. My husband and I tend to save Tang's for special occasions. We have had meals for 10 and meals for just us two on several occasions. Each time the restaurant lived up to expectations - not always the case when you have a large group.

Visited November 2012