“The best Singapore noodles in town!”

Tang's Chinese Cuisine Restaurant
Ranked #426 of 697 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is our favourite Chinese restaurant in Portsmouth and Southsea. My husband and I have eaten there 3 or 4 times a year for several years and have not been disappointed. It gets stupidly busy on Wed night and rightly so. The food has always been great - the best Singapore noodles in town!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We moved to the area 18 months ago and used to use this takeaway practically every week and loved it. NOT ANYMORE!! The food is now like eating leftovers. The food is always re-heated and not cooked fresh. the chow mein is greasy and prawns dry and not enjoyable. Not sure if it has hanged hands recently but the very friendly lady who used to know our order as soon as we walked in has gone...as has the quality of food :(

2  Thank Pamela K
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My girlfriend and I were recommended this restaurant by our hotel and were not disappointed. the food was so beautifully cooked and tasted so good, I would definitely return again.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Walked past many times and final got around to a visit. Very nice and polite staff. Food was good quality and tasted excellent. It was a bit quite for a Saturday night but its holiday season. Enjoyed our visit but mostly on the average side of Chinese restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We visited this restaurant as a party of 12 friends on a saturday night. I love Chinese food, but wonder why there are less chinese restaurants in Portsmouth than 10 years ago. Maybe people prefer take away, but I prefer the freshness of just cooked food, rather than stewing in a plastic container.

We decided on the set dinner. There were about 12 starters of which our party could choose 10. They consisted of favourites such as seaweed, squid, prawn toast etc. It was presented nicely and service was prompt. Next course was either crispy duck, lamb or a soup. We chose the duck, which was plentiful but I would have preferred it to be stripped from the bone in front of me, rather than already shredded. Perhaps it could have been bought that way pre packed. I suspect so.

Main course we chose one each and an assortment of rices, noodles, and vegetarian dishes were well catered for. Plenty of king prawn dishes too which was good.

I like to take my time with my food, and unfortunately warming plates are not provided, so the food tends to go cold before you can finish it. A simple thing that would improve the experience.

All in good value, nice staff, some a little lacking in english speaking but very pleasant.