“Beckets wine bar”
Review of Becketts Southsea

Becketts Southsea
Reserve with OpenTable
Becketts Southsea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 675 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$27 - US$54
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Becketts is a much loved bar and restaurant that has traded for over 30 years. Ideally located on Bellevue Terrace in Southsea (west) in a Grade II listed building that has recently undergone an extensive internal and external refurbishment by the new owners Jason & Soraya Parker. Exquisite attention to detail with a focus on brick, wood, glass and metals softened in the restaurant by crushed velvet seating and ambient lighting. Features include a Sonos wireless music system throughout, a magnificent private dining room seating 12/14 guests "on the round" with 55" TV/Bluetooth audio for family gatherings and small business meetings, ample local on-street car parking and luxuriously appointed rest rooms. The well-stocked bar offers a wide range of wines and champagnes, premium spirits, bottled lagers/beers/ales/ciders and plenty of non-alcoholic options for drivers. The food is modern British with a hint of Mediterranean lovingly prepared from local fresh ingredients by our Head Chef Chris Leaf and his team. Front of house is looked after by Jaime Risnd, the General Manager.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We came from Sheffield to Portsmouth for 2 days, on the second day we looked for somewhere local & we got good reviews for Beckets so we booked, so glad we did the place is understated but has got a lovely atmosphere inside, the staff are friendly & the food was really nice I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Becketts Southsea

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The more reviews I write the more objective I think I am.

This place is a hole in the wall. 2 dodgy steps to the front door leads to a wooden floored interior.

Keep going!!

I had the Caesar Salad, with anchovy. Lovely!!!
Followed by the pan fried Sea Bass and a side dish of fried cabbage with pancetta. Also delicious!!

I'll be going back!!!

1  Thank DLP2105
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This restaurant is my favourite place to eat in Southsea. I have never had a bad meal here, and the service has always been very good. It is a family run business which has been there for many years.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Cannot fault this restaurent, We always have a great time and food excellent as always. Its delicious!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

A Friday night in Southsea and just about every place was full up. Walked into Beckett's and seemed empty, so luckily they were able to accommodate us. At first a little sceptic wondering why nobody else was there. However, soon afterwards the place filled up with not one empty table in side. I read the review on trip adviser which was very good, therefore my expectations were very high. When dinner arrived It was very nice, however, I can't say it was spectacular. The pudding on the other hand was delicious. I had the petit fours, which included a homemade chocolate lollypop, several little chocolates and biscuits, yum yum. The best thing about Beckett's I find is the ambiance. The service was also outstanding.