“Nice Lunch”

Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: We are a Cocktail Bar and Restaurant serving food till 7pm daily. 2-4-1 ★Happy Hours★ from 5pm till 8pm after which our DJ's supply the soundtrack to your night playing the best tunes every Wednesday,Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Group of you coming in? Hen/Stag Do? Birthday Party? Get in contact to find out about our Private Function Areas from 5 to 200 people!!
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Nice Lunch”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Sitting by the water on a sunny day with a drink in hand and a burger what more could you ask for.
The service was good and the staff friendly, the food was standard bar food but the setting made it taste so much better.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“If only the staff were interested......”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Chose the pub due to its nice location with seats by the water on a glorious day and the food was reasonably priced. Posters around with instructions to choose your table, choose your food and order at the bar. Good choice of food for adults but no kids menu which was disappointing. Chose plain hotdog, chilli dog and club sandwich.

I was served at the bar by one of the boy band staff who was more interested in flexing his arm muscles every time any females passed the bar. No customer interaction and at one point went to go serve someone else during taking my order!

When the food did arrive, 40 minutes later, for two hotdogs and a club sandwich, it was very poor. The hotdogs had been 'over microwaved' and were rubbery, the chilli on one of them was dried out. The club sandwich had no mayo, the sandwich was simply cut in half and dumped on the plate with a half dozen fries and there was no side salad as advertised.

I tried to complain at the bar but after being ignored for 10 minutes we just left and went to Jamie's Italian over the way.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Oh dear!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Beautiful sunny day...sat outside and ordered 2 jacket potatoes...two trips into the bar to enquire and 55 minutes later they arrived. I wish I could upload a photo of the chilli bean spud...we had no time to send them back but it was...very poor food indeed. It wasn't busy so I don't know why they couldn't manage to produce the food. It's great if you want happy hour drinks I'm sure but the food...and service...grim I'm afraid. The only saving grace was the staff were very smiley and polite which was nice :))

1 Thank wilemad
“Very surprised”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I visited today on a day out with my family, we in on the fact that they had two meals for £11 I was sceptical and even more so when I entered the venue.

We sat down and browsed the dishes on offer but was one a small choice, went to order our food the only thing I thought was wrong was that on one our dishes we couldn't change peas to beans without extra cost, but continued and got aswell.

We waited 15-20 minutes which is a good time, our food arrived portions were a by small but what can you expect on a meal deal at £11, my chilli was amazing, chicken was nice Nd moist and the Yorkshire pudding was very filling.

Over all even though the staff seemed a bit disorganised (they were a rad over staffed) and they could've done with looking a bit more professional and cleaner, they just need to create a better more welcoming atmosphere, but yet with all that myself and my family was very surprised with our food highly recommend going :)

• Visited July 2014
London
“Happy Hour at Gunwharf Quays”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Bar 38 is a nice place to have a few drinks, next to the Quay and enjoy the breeze for a while when Happy Hour is just starting.

I managed to buy 4 drinks for just over £10, which for me is ridiculously reasonable, seeing as sometimes a £5 note won't cut it for 2 drinks! As its Happy Hour, drinks are between £4 and £6.50 each (cocktails are at the £6 mark) but you get two for the price of one and that's a pretty good deal. Staff are friendly, but I think they could be a little bit more friendlier. One of the guys was really friendly when serving us, and the other girl that served me, she was pleasant, but bless her, I think she'd had a bit of a long day and wasn't up for much chit chat - which I think is a nice thing. The drinks came to £10.15, so I gave her a £20 asking if she'd like the 15p, so she'd give me £10, but she'd already put in the till and she wasn't budging on the note! It's little things like that where I do think 'Hmm, really?'. Plus change rattling around in the pockets isn't always a nice thing! But that's okay for me.

Prices of drinks on their own, is very similar to Wetherspoons and the food is really lovely as well. Great selection and suited to everyone's taste - we had dinner there to end the evening off. It wasn't too busy, or noisy for a weekday night, so you could easily have a conversation with you friends or partner without having to shout or talk louder, plus with the sunshine beaming and the cooler breeze, it was really nice to chill out and relax for the evening, definitely a good place to catch up, meet friends for drinks or have some food there too. All round, pleasant and lovely atmosphere, good food and drink for the money.

• Visited July 2014