“Not good at all” 1 of 5 bubbles

Master Builder
Ranked #202 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not good at all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went there for a meal before Christmas. The food was awful and the vegetables were of an extremely poor quality. I won't eat there again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Not actually a food complaint. Came here to play pool with the girlfriend as we were nearby. Charging town prices for drinks. After offering to set up a tab on my card I was then charged £17 for 2 ciders, a bottle of Sol and 2 packs of nuts. Having been assured the £5 deposit would come off I paid the confusing tab bill only to find they didn't put the amount back on the card.

Phoned landlord to explain and he was pretty rude, saying he didn't know who I was (well unless we're pals, probably not?) and it would be too much trouble as he'd have to phone head office to clear the refund (£5 or £500 the mistake was there's) So basically chip and pin confuses these people, avoid the rudeness and use the white swan when it reopens in May!

“Martin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Great food I eat here 4 times a week and the food has always been first class. The pub has a great atmosphere and the quiz night on a Sunday curry night on a Monday are nights not to be missed

2 Thank Martin B
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great Carvery on Sunday. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Just ate an excellent carvery meal with my parents on 04/05/14. Choice of 4 meats and a great selection of fresh vegetables. Good meat gravy too. It is my regular watering hole, with its well kept real ales, but I don't often have the lunchtime carvery. I have to say well done to the staff for great food and service in a very busy pub. I even got a sample of tomorrow nights new curry for their curry night. That was great as well. I will return here soon. (Maybe for the curry!).

2 Thank Howard A
“Yummy food and wonderful kind staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Today, we popped in for a carvery and was amazed by the manager and the head cook going the extra mile for my husbands dietary needs. The meat was succulent and juicy, while the vegetables was all beautifully cooked and made me sink into my chair and shuffle my chair towards my plate and dig in. Love the gravy nom nom nom. Thanks so much for looking after my husband thank you, all of u.

• Visited April 2014