Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$126
US$120
US$118
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$64
US$76
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
1,475 results
All reviewssingle bunktgi fridayscheap hotelrooms are smallcontinental breakfastwhat it says on the tincity centreretail parkshort staycoach stationcruise terminalan overnight stayisle of wightstayed for one nightcomfy bedcar parkingikea
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This review may not be relevent to some because i stayed here on new years eve.
Anyway, me and my friends had 3 rooms, all of which were next to eachother so well done for room allocation competence :) Based on last nights stay it was very basic but everyone was drinking and being noisy and the sercurity staff made a great effort to keep the noise down (yes, we were amongst the people making a lot of noise but it wasn't me, i promise)
but i think given the occassion any noise was inevitable. Check in was efficient however we were lucky to be able to split our payment becuase me and a friend both had Visa debit cards, I don't know why you have to have the same type of credit card to split a payment?
The room is very basic but atleast the toilet is seperate from the 'open plan' bathroom, the room was clean though and it serves a purpose and no fault can really be found given the price. Be careful the car park is quite small considering it's used for 3 towering hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Etap-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2011

On staying here for 3 nights for the first time the rooms are very basic, No kettle in room to make tea or coffee, The bed was so hard so no comfort had to put a spear quilt from bunk bed on mattresses to get any comfort at all and above you is a bunk bed so felt clostrafobic. On having a shower you have to stand in the main room to dry there is no privacy only a cubicle to stand in to Shower, The sink in also in the main room, There was noise on and off all night from Drunk people coming in and out and standing in the corridor. On saying to reciption they said we should have told them but did not want to go in corridor with drunk people, And there was no other way to contact reception as no phone in room. We onlt stayed two nights as could not take not having sleep for another night. I know we paid a cheap price but did not except this.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ynf26071997

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. With kind regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 December 2011

friendly staff Clean room And with the winter rate the price was right the hotel is near the centre of Southampton and close to the main shopping/ businesses Close also to ferries and the cruise terminals perfect place to stay

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Etap-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Its cheap and fine for a night. But it's not for me.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Muntyx21

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2011

And in the future I shall be paying a little bit more and going elsewhere. Had the misfortune of staying here while on a course in Southampton.

There was big patches of mould around the ceiling. The air conditioning unit was broken and made a terrible loud noise. It was a particularly freezing and stormy night so I needed to use it as a heater but the control panel had all the buttons snapped off from it so was stuck on cold. There was an unopened condom just sticking out from under the mattress (lovely). Just a general dirty feel to the place.

I am not one for bad reviews or complaining and can usually see the positive side of things but it was pretty awful, the only reason it didn't get 1 out of 5 is because after a quick talk with the manager I did get some money refunded which I cant argue with. The rooms are substandard however.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 102 on the first floor in the corner.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business