“Room compact goes with the price paid”

Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel was not easy to find even with a GPS. The shower was not working properly. Our room was on McDonald side with the Drive-Thru right under our window and we heard people talking and laughing until 3 am.
Breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: Avoid McDo side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back anytime soon.

Gerardo Souto | General Manager | Ibis budget Southampton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,418)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights in april 2014 hotel was very clean but it is exactly what it says budget.No tea or coffee facilities and for breakfast it is continental you can eat in ibis but it pricey 7.95 for a breakfast.In the reception area there is a tea and coffee machine but again pricey 1.50 a cup,rooms were tidy the room we had had double bed with a bunk bed over top not a lot of room in the room we had to iron only one plug in room by telly and took all room up.Toilet was so small knees touched door so easier to sit with door open,shower was ok but kept on going red hot or cold no in between staff were very nice and could not fault them in any way.To overcome tea or coffee problem just a 30 second walk behind hotel is a 24 hour mcdonalds where tea large was 99p we had breakfast at mcdonalds too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lee M

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. I arrived around midnight on Friday to a warm welcome and found the room super compact, a bit like hotels I've stayed in in Tokyo. There are no wardrobes, just wall mounted hanging space, the sink is in the room and the powerful shower leads off the room. It really feels it has been properly thought through, from the lighting, storage, bed arrangement etc. It felt modern, it was clean and really near the centre of town. We didn't have breakfast as the main Ibis is right opposite and do a nice full English/continental for around £7. Nice one, Budget Ibis!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Phoned from New Zealand to pay for sons accommodation on day of reservation. Would not accept my credit card, (which I booked online with)I was following procedure as per booking confirmation letter making prior arrangement. Reception was very rude kept interrupting & when I asked to speak to someone whom could communicate with better english I was called racist (this is totally unacceptable) she continually cut me off, i was told there was no Management on duty until Tuesday (I phoned on Sunday) Upon asking her name she at first refused to give it to me, I finally got her name after asking repeatedly. Followed this up with 2nd call to hotel spoke to another and was told to book elsewhere. Also phoned NewZealand chain whom said I could've got email authority to pay, which is what I was asking for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, but in the meantime, feel free to contact me on h6209-gm@accor.com if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The rooms were very pleasant for the price paid. Cannot really complain about anything. It was a very cheap option, the halls were quiet, it's location is very close to the centre of Southampton. If you just want somewhere to sleep, definately a great option!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TumbleB

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

At £40 a night you get what you pay for, basic furniture and decorations and a loo in a cupboard but you know what its cheaper than a taxi to and from Portsmouth after a night out in Southampton and its always clean and its somewhere to lay your head so id stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

What can I say about this other than for the money and location, next to West Quay Shops etc, it would be difficult to beat. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are quite small and reasonably basic but the design is superb, everything has been thought of. Plenty of times we've been to 4 or 5 star hotels with so called designer features and absolutely nowhere to put anything. Here there was hanging space and shelves in all the right places. All facilities are separate so no hanging around waiting for someone to finish a shower or whatever. The shower is great, it's in a prefabricated enclosure so no vile shower curtain or mouldy tiles etc. it's also nicely non slip, I'm sick of pussyfooting around on lethal shiny floors. Even stepping out of the shower the flooring is good. The bed was comfortable and there is a TV. No kettle or frig. Free wifi as well, large hotels take note of this. Car parking is £6 per day and there is a wide choice of eateries and shops within a 5minute walk. It can be a bit noisy as it's close to a busy road, but we slept ok even with our window open.

We'd definitely stay here again although it's fair to say this is only a one ot two night stay type of place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.