“Honest price. value for money”

Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Honest price. value for money”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

As per title, if you are searching for a five satrs hotel than this is not what you want.
If you search for a cheap place to stay. this is yours.

It is clean and ok. The service is fine, the price is very low.

I would recomend it for a quick trip or if you need a place to stay and you don't want to spend too much.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stefano T
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to again very soon.

Kind regards,
Gerardo Souto | General Manager | Ibis budget Southampton | 3 West Quay Road | Southampton | SO15 1RA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Thai first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Only a 5 min walk from Southampton Central Station. Good quality budget hotel, friendly staff, free wi-fi, breakfast available for a fee. We had a double room: fairly small room (wouldn't have expected different), comfortable bed and good shower. Situated next to a retail park, with a couple fast food places available. Only criticism is that no cooked breakfast on offer at this hotel, my £5 got me some cereal and toast... go to McDonald's next door instead.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. I hope we can welcome you back to the in very soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Have been staying at this hotel on and off for the past year and have always found it to be clean and comfortable. Its ideal staying place for visiting Southampton and the area. Good car park but you have to pay £6 for 24 hrs come and go as you like.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel was not easy to find even with a GPS. The shower was not working properly. Our room was on McDonald side with the Drive-Thru right under our window and we heard people talking and laughing until 3 am.
Breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: Avoid McDo side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back anytime soon.

Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights in april 2014 hotel was very clean but it is exactly what it says budget.No tea or coffee facilities and for breakfast it is continental you can eat in ibis but it pricey 7.95 for a breakfast.In the reception area there is a tea and coffee machine but again pricey 1.50 a cup,rooms were tidy the room we had had double bed with a bunk bed over top not a lot of room in the room we had to iron only one plug in room by telly and took all room up.Toilet was so small knees touched door so easier to sit with door open,shower was ok but kept on going red hot or cold no in between staff were very nice and could not fault them in any way.To overcome tea or coffee problem just a 30 second walk behind hotel is a 24 hour mcdonalds where tea large was 99p we had breakfast at mcdonalds too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lee M
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

London
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. I arrived around midnight on Friday to a warm welcome and found the room super compact, a bit like hotels I've stayed in in Tokyo. There are no wardrobes, just wall mounted hanging space, the sink is in the room and the powerful shower leads off the room. It really feels it has been properly thought through, from the lighting, storage, bed arrangement etc. It felt modern, it was clean and really near the centre of town. We didn't have breakfast as the main Ibis is right opposite and do a nice full English/continental for around £7. Nice one, Budget Ibis!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Phoned from New Zealand to pay for sons accommodation on day of reservation. Would not accept my credit card, (which I booked online with)I was following procedure as per booking confirmation letter making prior arrangement. Reception was very rude kept interrupting & when I asked to speak to someone whom could communicate with better english I was called racist (this is totally unacceptable) she continually cut me off, i was told there was no Management on duty until Tuesday (I phoned on Sunday) Upon asking her name she at first refused to give it to me, I finally got her name after asking repeatedly. Followed this up with 2nd call to hotel spoke to another and was told to book elsewhere. Also phoned NewZealand chain whom said I could've got email authority to pay, which is what I was asking for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, but in the meantime, feel free to contact me on h6209-gm@accor.com if you wish to discuss this further.