“Perfectly Basic”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Perfectly Basic”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is exactly what it advertises itself, an adequate, clean budget hotel. This place is ideal as a base to just sleep. I wouldn't really like to spend too much time in the room as it was very utilitarian … but if you want a bit more comfort go to the normal ibis across the car park.

The bathroom is a bit like a pod hotel, being made from a molded plastic unit. However the shower itself was very powerful – you could strip pebble-dash with the pressure from the unit.

As a basic base for an overnight stay and at a cheap price I would recommend this.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mariner_1980
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Always stay here. Never had any issues previously. We stayed there beginning of August for 5 nights. The room was never cleaned once during our stay. Had to ask reception each day for towels. Air conditioning unit was constantly dripping water which left lots of water on the floor.
WiFi good. Location excellent.
I am staying there again from 14th August for 4 nights. Hope to see an improvement.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 2380 227 705 to discuss this further. Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.
Dartford
Reviewed 3 August 2014

When I first saw the hotel I thought this looks like a youth hostel I stayed in when I was in secondary school (the youth hostel was more comfortable as a matter of fact). Once I stepped inside I saw the horrible restaurant, if you can call it a restaurant. The desk workers was relatively helpful and we got to our room (and again if you can call it a room) it is a bed, with two cupboards which are a shower and bathroom apparently. The "bunk bed" is a disgrace with both beds being rock hard and the single on top of the double wasn't even made the sheets were just there. We had to live out of our suitcase due to the lack of a wardrobe, it was a pole attached to the wall (classy). I would not recommend staying here actually I would rather never mention it again.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Connor_Henbury
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 02380 227 705. Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Positives - Walking distance from Southampton Train Station, beside McDonalds for breakfast, close to TGI Fridays, good bar at the main Ibis Hotel beside the budget hotel & cheap price.
Negatives- For three people the third bed is a bunk bed over a double bed, as my son is taller than me and it was very uncomfortable for him. Also the shower cubicle is beside the bed with a see-through glass door, again not great with a teenager.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Spent only one day with my girlfriend there. Rooms are extremely small, shower looks like a cupboard and I even wasn't able turn around inside, toilet the same. The walls is like from cardboard, seemed that I hear someone is snoring three floors above! Parking is payed. Staff is very inhospitable - I had a problem with one of my credit cards and staff said that I must provide details for the other one BY PHONE immediately (one day before) otherwise they will cancel my booking with charging some fee.
I will never stay in this chain of hotels ever more!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
Green Features: Oh yes, walls from cardboard is very environmental but makes this hotel awful for visiting!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dmitry S
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.