“Reasonably priced and well situated.”

Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Llanidloes, United Kingdom
“Reasonably priced and well situated.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here as a base to visit Peppa Pig World in Paulton's Park which is just a few miles down the road. We had a comfortable stay and the children loved the bunk beds! We ate at the Ibis hotel and we enjoyed our meal.
You got what you paid for and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in great location and for one night room is basic and perfect at £50 including breakfast for two. We used hotel as a base ti visit New Forest and National Motor Musuem at Beaulieu. We will be returning to Southampton next year so will check price of hotel again year.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly to make the booking (h6209-gm@accor.com). Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is exactly what it advertises itself, an adequate, clean budget hotel. This place is ideal as a base to just sleep. I wouldn't really like to spend too much time in the room as it was very utilitarian … but if you want a bit more comfort go to the normal ibis across the car park.

The bathroom is a bit like a pod hotel, being made from a molded plastic unit. However the shower itself was very powerful – you could strip pebble-dash with the pressure from the unit.

As a basic base for an overnight stay and at a cheap price I would recommend this.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mariner_1980
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Always stay here. Never had any issues previously. We stayed there beginning of August for 5 nights. The room was never cleaned once during our stay. Had to ask reception each day for towels. Air conditioning unit was constantly dripping water which left lots of water on the floor.
WiFi good. Location excellent.
I am staying there again from 14th August for 4 nights. Hope to see an improvement.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 2380 227 705 to discuss this further. Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.
Dartford
Reviewed 3 August 2014

When I first saw the hotel I thought this looks like a youth hostel I stayed in when I was in secondary school (the youth hostel was more comfortable as a matter of fact). Once I stepped inside I saw the horrible restaurant, if you can call it a restaurant. The desk workers was relatively helpful and we got to our room (and again if you can call it a room) it is a bed, with two cupboards which are a shower and bathroom apparently. The "bunk bed" is a disgrace with both beds being rock hard and the single on top of the double wasn't even made the sheets were just there. We had to live out of our suitcase due to the lack of a wardrobe, it was a pole attached to the wall (classy). I would not recommend staying here actually I would rather never mention it again.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Connor_Henbury
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 02380 227 705. Kind regards, Raphaella Yver.