“Consistently excellent”

Ranked #47 of 964 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opening in 2007, Mango is the original Thai Tapas Bar – setting a trend across the nation! It's a favourite among locals for its intimate charm and vibrant atmosphere. Offering an informal and fun dining experience, guests are encouraged to enjoy the menu as they would in Thailand – lots of dishes to share and taste together. Everything on the menu is made in-house and is freshly prepared by the expert team of Thai chefs. Much of the menu is cooked to order, so veggies, vegans, and gluten-free diets are well accommodated for. On two floors of a characterful Victorian building, you’ll find the spirit of northern Thailand’s capital Chiang Mai at this Mango: Bohemium and quirky, offering a relaxed and intimate dining experience with candle-lit themed rooms, exotic Asian furnishings, and vast glossy murals.
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I've been eating at this restaurant (and having takeaway) since it opened ten years ago and the food has been consistently excellent. And though many of the staff have inevitably changed over that time they've always been really helpful given service with a smile. My fave place to eat!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

It was a spur of the moment visit so my friend and I turned up quite late and were not expecting to get a table.
They were able to accomodate us and fitted us in.
The waitress was really friendly. I am Vegan and really impressed with choice of dishes. My friend and I shared Corn Cakes, Tofu with peanut sauce, Tempura Vegetables, Golden Curry and Jasmine Rice. The food was delicious and so fresh.
I was impressed. Im planning to bring my husband who is also Vegan. The
waitress told me they would be doing some vegan deserts soon. So looking forward to trying that.
Would recommend.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Our friends had previously eaten at Mango Thai, and were so impressed with the food they invited us along to share their new find with us ,
So glad they did, as our food was absolutely fantastic, we couldn't fault the food in any way, the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere and we would definitely recommend this establishment to people looking for a superb Thai meal in a chilled and relaxed setting

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Went here whilst we were visiting Southampton for the weekend for an early dinner; the place was quiet but the food was good and the staff were friendly.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Visited with two guests of ours. I was alarmed that at 14:00 on a Saturday the place was empty and felt univiting. It slowly filled up, though. The stained, dirty looking upholstery was also a put off. Staff were friendly and the food was good and varied.