“Incredible ”

Ranked #47 of 964 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opening in 2007, Mango is the original Thai Tapas Bar – setting a trend across the nation! It's a favourite among locals for its intimate charm and vibrant atmosphere. Offering an informal and fun dining experience, guests are encouraged to enjoy the menu as they would in Thailand – lots of dishes to share and taste together. Everything on the menu is made in-house and is freshly prepared by the expert team of Thai chefs. Much of the menu is cooked to order, so veggies, vegans, and gluten-free diets are well accommodated for. On two floors of a characterful Victorian building, you’ll find the spirit of northern Thailand’s capital Chiang Mai at this Mango: Bohemium and quirky, offering a relaxed and intimate dining experience with candle-lit themed rooms, exotic Asian furnishings, and vast glossy murals.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Such an amazing place in Southampton! Best Thai in the city, food is amazing and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank rocketbd

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Turned up at 7 on a Friday night and they just about managed to squeeze us in - in the 'back room'. Although not as nice as the front room, we were there for the food.

The food at Mango is consistently good and reasonably well priced but the price of the bottled beers did seem a little pricey.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is very similar to lots of Thai Tapas places in the area. The cocktails (in my opinion) tasted a bit artificial and cheap. The massaman lamb curry was to die for. I wish I just ordered a curry. Personally I really enjoyed the hot and sour pork and my boyfriend the chicken satay. The muscles were a bit of a let down and not very juicy. I would return here if I was in the area but wouldn't come back especially.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Had the best Thai tapas in this restaurant!! Not only was the food faultless but the service was fantastic. We were welcomed by the staff as soon as we walked in and they took their time explaining the cocktail options and food options to us despite being mega busy in the restaurant. So friendly and had a laugh with my friends. Food was spot on and would recommend this restaurant to EVERYBODY!

Date of visit: August 2017
Tamsin S, Manager at Mango Thai Tapas, Portswood, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Awesome review thank you Donna!!! We hope to welcome you back to Mango soon :)

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My wife & I have been here 4-5 times now & she has been with girlfriends on several occasions. This restaurant has a great atmosphere really chilled but with the feeling you could have a bit of fun .The staff are extremely friendly & helpful and so far everything we've tried has been delicious. Loads of fresh bright flavours & on s personal note we would much prefer Thai to Indian these days. I have been told that this is the best mango out of the 3 that are in Southampton but I've only been to this one & reiterate everything we've tried has been superb.

Date of visit: August 2017
Tamsin S, Manager at Mango Thai Tapas, Portswood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Wow thank you for the positive feedback Glen! The team are over the moon to hear your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon :)