“Consistently Good”

Ranked #32 of 890 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of the area's most friendly, and welcoming Italian restaurants, Piccolo Mondo 1 is the oldest in the city, having been established since 1969.Piccolo Mondo is open for lunch and evening meals. With seating for only 34 people, it is small enough to have an intimate atmosphere, but also welcomes families.There is a good choice of value for money meals including authentic pizzas and pastas, together with a selection of fish, meat and vegetarian dishes, and not forgetting their home-made bread and desserts. Smaller sized meals are available for children. Parties of up to 25 people can be catered for
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have always had a great meal here.The quality,quantity and price are really good. Added to that ,the place has a lovely atmosphere,due to very friendly staff.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

While the location is unusual and hidden, the food is the opposite. Beautiful food and large portions. I've lost count of the amount of times I've eaten at this restaurant. The staff are lovely and friendly. The only bad thing I could say about this place is the menu is very difficult to choose from as there are so many wonderful things on it. Fantastic hidden little Italy in the middle of southampton.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is by far my favourite restaurant in Southampton and I have recommended it to so many people I have lost count! The atmosphere is amazing, the food is incredible and amazing value (I will never try anything other than Carbonara because I can't imagine how it could possibly be nicer!) and the staff are friendly and helpful but not over-bearing. Whether you're on a girls/guys night out, with the family or on a date I would definitely recommend this place.

4  Thank Beth L
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Understated, perfect little Italian restaurant. A quaint little menu with plenty of choice with a specials board that makes choosing a meal very difficult.

Our starters were fabulous and very tasty. My tuna main was cooked to perfection and extremely tasty.

We would definitely visit again and again and again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I have been going to the Piccolo Mondo since the late 80s, when my family moved to Southampton. It became our favourite restaurant because of the quality of food and intimate atmosphere.

I last went because of a family birthday and it did not disappoint. The food is fresh and tasty and reasonably priced.

I've been recommending it to friends because if its proximity to the Mayflower and they love it now as well.

This place has loads of fond memories for me and I hope you will start your own there too.

1  Thank AloysiusWreck