2 people are viewing this hotel
US$87
Hotels.comUS$98
Expedia.comUS$98
eDreamsUS$98
All reviews living room small kitchen bits and bobs kitchen area home from home dining table great place to stay oxford street great facilities location was perfect fantastic stay ocean village isle of wight bars and restaurants travel cot fantastic hotel modern hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2018

An incredibly good experience, totally unexpected. I booked here for two reasons: my friend Melanie and her daughter were staying here and because it has laundry facilities. From the moment I walked in my expectations were completely blown away.

Earlier in the week, I had come down with a bug, run a big fever and was just beginning to feel on the mend. It was a long journey from Penzance to Southampton. At the train station, the taxi driver did not recognize the name of the hotel but when I gave him the address he said: oh, right, the new one.

Stumbling into the hotel, I was greeted by Graham, who on duty that night and he absolutely swept me up and made sure I was accommodated in every way. He is one of the most kind hearted of individuals I have encountered.

The rooms are spacious, lovely. The "Living Room" is exceptional as a space to gather and drink and eat, all of which I have done here.

I heartily recommend this place, particularly if you are sailing on the QM2. I can see it at its pier from where I am sitting. But whatever reason you might have for visiting Southampton, use room2 as your "hometel."

It is just fabulous!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Michelle C, Manager at room2 Southampton hometel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

What a great review! Thank you so much for submitting your review. We will share all of your comments with the team and especially Graham.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

This is a winning combination. A hometel. All your creature comforts, stunning decor, clean, tidy, friendly staff and delicious breakfasts.
Really impressed with the set up from remote check in via an app, to your phone becoming your room key.
Pet friendly and small enough to give that personal feel. Build more please! We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your great comments! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Enjoyed Our Stay. We will always put this area of England as a return visit on our short break list in the future for our travels. We will consider staying in this area of Southampton and for sure at " room2 "

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

We loved this place. Nicely decorated, very welcoming and charming! Great concept Highly recommended for your stay in Southampton! breakfast is delicious with home made waffels , eggs and toasts. You can prepare your dinner in the rooms The bed was super comfortable

Trip type: Travelled with family

Great comments and score, thank you!

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We booked room2 for our visit to Paultons Park, only 15-20 drive away, easy relaxed check in, upon arrival when we got up to our room, a window was left open by the cleaning staff in error so the room was very cold on one of the coldest days, and after spending the day outside in the cold with a 3 year old we were looking forward to a nice warm room, after switching on the heating after 20 minutes called the number provided in the room, to check we had used the heating correctly and spoke to Michelle the rooms manager who looked into it and was really apologetic, and straight away asked if we would like to change rooms and upgraded us. After a little while the room warmed up and was nice and toasty and we decided to stay in the same room, but Michele organised a mini hot water bottle and hot milk for my three year old which she was soo pleased with, Thank you Michelle! The room is a great size and more than what you would expect for the price, it’s like a mini studio apartment mini kitchen with a small hob, sink, fridge, and a dish washer, iron and ironing board, large bathroom with shower, next time we’re in Southampton would definitely only consider staying at room2!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for submitting a really detailed review with great comments! We will share your feedback with the team and we do hope you visit us again soon!