“Million miles from authentic food”
Review of Namaste Kerala - CLOSED

Namaste Kerala
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Have you ever been served lettuce ss salad along with your dosa? Yes this is what happened at the restaurant. This is so not South Indian food. ......even the lentils sambar was bland. ....I hate to say this utter waste of time and money. Shall never recommend this place. Idiots have lost their minds over what is authentic kerala cuisine. ......BTW I have been to kerala a few times.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We visited here on Saturday 22nd March, at lunch time, for my husband's birthday. We had the lunch buffet. The food was excellent as were the service. It was amazing value for money. The price of the buffet (£7.95) included onion salad as well as a variety of chutneys. There were also a choice of three curries, two rices, and much, much more.. The staff were really friendly and even brought my husband's cake out whilst we sang 'happy birthday'. We shall definitely be returning :-)

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Superb ambiance, very friendly staff and a taste to die for, Namaste Kerela has it all. The food was finger licking good - DOSA's were the best I have had outside India. Hot, crisp (not too oily) - sambar had the all the right flavours and the chutney complemented the meal just perfectly.

If there is one thing I didn't like about this place, it is - Responsible serving of food policy. You guys need it - I had way too much to eat last time!!!!! (Not that I am complaining :) )

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just a quick thank you to all the staff at this great little restaurant. My wife and I were only away for one night, and you made it memorable with your great food & service. We'll recommend you to anyone visiting Southampton.

1  Thank J C
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hearty Namaste to Namaste Kerala, it is simply superb....I am a South Indian, and this place is the best one to have homely meal. Hot crispy dosas with nadan fish curry, steaming, spicy sambhar and superb coconut chutneys. Lemonade that tastes like the one made so many times at home and that is pretty much like going back to Mom's kitchen! But truly, THIS is the BEST fish curry I've ever had. We were 10 of us from Dubai and all of us really surprised of having such a nice homely food (We really need such a restaurant here in Dubai) from UK. Waiting for the next trip to have it again.

1  Thank Dhanya P