“Lovely spicy meal, and loads of it!”
Review of Jewel In The Crown - CLOSED

Jewel In The Crown
Price range: US$24 - US$41
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Southamptons Leading Indian Restaurant offering the widest range of indian dishes complimented with a wide range of spirits, wines and beers. Restaurant is fitted out to a exceptional standard and is fully air conditioned boasting a excellent atmosphere.
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely spicy meal, and loads of it!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was staying in Southampton on business and was walking the area to find somewhere to eat when I came across this restaurant. The smells pulled me in, and having considered the menu (which was very reasonably priced) I decided to have their hottest curry, Chicken Mirch Mossalah (made with fresh chillies and cobra chillies - also known as ghost chillies...the hottest type of peppers in the world). Had a couple of spicy poppadums and chutneys to start with (poppadums a little burnt but still very nice) and had mushroom rice (huge plate full) and a keema nan (very fresh and tasty, as well as a good size). I managed to finish the meal, but was sufficiently stuffed! Would definitely visit again if in the area.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Davidjellis

“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

This is my fifth visit food is top notch staff are quality this place is by far the best Indian restaurant in Southampton you must visit

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Craig2205
Totton, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

First visit and on first impressions from its exterior it looked a funky up to date clean place.Once inside it was consistant what a great looking place.We were welcomed as soon as we walked in by two smiling friendly English speaking waiters and seated straight away.The waiters service throughout our meal was second to none and very polite.Our food was not a dissapointment either all of us were very happy with our choices and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.I must also comment on how spotlessly clean the ladies toilets were.I will definately be returning and i expect my friends will also

5 Thank wendy c
southampton
“Top Takeaway...”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Top meal tonight had Mirch Masala had quite a kick .Often pop in have a pint and pick up my meal was quite busy tonight so sat in the waiting area adjacent to the bar very relaxed chatting to a complete stranger ,so a very social restaurant.Very resonably priced for a quality meal which i very much enjoyed.

5 Thank Aarron H
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and service.”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Had a meal @ The Jewel in the Crown with my father last night and the food was wonderful .My father and myself chose Onion Bhaji for starters which were golden n served with salad an mint yoghurt a great start.Main dishes consisted of Garlic Chilli Chicken and Chicken Tikka Jafrezi both with Mushroom Rice ,we shared a bit of both and found them both to be outstanding .The service throughout our meal was fantastic and very friendly.After we had both finished our tables were cleared and served a small glass of Baileys each compliments of the house.The restaurant itself was very clean as you would expect and set out perfectly.All in all a pleasurable evening and worth every penny.

5 Thank Jonah W